Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Director of Soccer Operations | Traverse Bay Area Youth Soccer
The Director of Soccer Operations (DSO) is the ‘face’ of our organization; responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with players, parents, coaches, the broader regional soccer community, and the larger community as a whole. The DSO directly oversees all club matters involving curriculum development, coaching, player development, program development, and community relations across all age groups and levels of competition in TBAYS. In addition, the DSO is charged with facilitating and assisting in the coordination of the various club activities and functions relative to the successful execution of TBAYS’ strategic plan. The DSO reports directly to the Board of Directors.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Board of Directors in the development of short- and long-term strategic goals for the club. Establish plans to implement these goals. Monitor strategies and policies for effectiveness.
- Attend all monthly meetings of the Board of Directors. Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors relating to work and initiatives detailed in the strategic plan.
- Facilitate and coordinate all organizational activities related to the effective implementation of the strategic plan.
- Timely preparation of proposals and grant applications. Responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Create and administer a survey mechanism for parents, players, coaches and staff in an effort to collect meaningful feedback regarding the effectiveness of all parts of the club’s soccer operations.
- Represent TBAYS across the all levels of soccer community- local to regional. Serve as a delegate to the MSYSA and attend meetings of that organization, acting as the liaison of the Board of Directors.
- Provide all coaches with a clearly articulated sense of what kids should be learning across all age groups and levels of competition (recreation through premier)
- Identify and clearly articulate ‘best practices’ around teaching kids age-appropriate topics
- Recruit and assign all coaches
- Provide opportunities for all coaches to improve by coordinating club-wide coaches training events, coaches meetings, individual support, and National Licensing Clinics
- Monitor coaches and provide meaningful individual feedback
- Maintain communication with all coaches (coach’s newsletter, notices of meetings, etc)
- Prepare an annual coaching budget that includes itemizing anticipated needs
- Provide direction regarding appropriate player placement
- Oversee and assist with the tryout process
- Arrange for and/or administer Player Camp/Clinic opportunities
- Bring in experts to assist in overall player development when needed
- Plan, implement and administer age-specific program curriculum.
- Oversee team formation.
- In coordination with staff and board, develop and implement program growth strategies, including, but not limited to, promotion of TBAYS programs in area elementary and middle schools
- Continue to grow and oversee the Cherry Capitol Cup and Autumn Classic tournaments
- Provide for the successful operations of all indoor activities during the winter season.
- Arrange for and supervise staffing during league play and any other soccer related activities.
- Continue to grow our winter programs
- Minimum of USSF “B” license or NSCAA equivalent.
- Experience coaching boys and girls across all age groups and levels of competition.
- Experience in leadership positions that involve implementing a strategic plan and managing/collaborating with paid employees and a broad volunteer base.
- The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative working environment for volunteers and paid employees.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A proven ability to set and achieve goals and objectives in accordance with established deadlines.
- Committed to working a non-traditional work schedule.
- Have or be willing to obtain referee assignment credentials. Certified as a referee and registered with the state as an assignor.
Interested applicants should contact Patti Leasure at email@example.com.
Apply Now if you are interested!