Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Technical Director | Midland Soccer Club
Job Title: Technical Director – Midland Soccer Club (MSC)
Description: The Technical Director will oversee all aspects of player development for youth athletes, U6 though U19. This includes responsibility for establishing and organizing activities that promote player development, with the goal of providing opportunities for each athlete to reach his or her full potential. This responsibility extends to educating coaches as well, as coaching development is a critical step in developing players. The Technical Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a highly organized and efficient curriculum that develops both players and coaches from year to year. The Technical Director must also bring new, innovative ideas that show increased individual player development, coach development, and a progression to higher levels of play.
Job responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Work with the Board of Directors to establish a strategic plan for the organization that will promote the realization of the MSC Mission Statement.
- Establish best practices, curriculum, and programming for all youth programs, Fusion and Recreational, to deliver player and coach development.
- Plan, implement, and oversee all aspects of the competitive training program, along with an active advisory role for other youth programs within MSC, as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Meet with coaches, parents, and players on a regular basis in providing feedback on their development.
- Attend MSC functions and events as part of the promotion of the club marketing.
- Educate players and parents about playing opportunities beyond the recreational level and encourage players to try out for advance programs.
- Promote the club within the community and help with public relations.
- Offer presentations on player development and future of soccer within the US for current and potential club members.
- Bring in experts such as state, regional, and national staff coaches to present clinics.
- Bring in experts in the sports sciences (i.e.; soccer fitness expert, sport psychologist, nutritionist, etc.) to provide total fitness education for athletes.
- Develop content designed to promote player and coach development for publication on the MSC website, social media, and newsletters.
- Communicate with Board of Directors on aspects of age group administration.
Responsibilities associated with Player Development include:
- Review and implement club coaching curriculum.
- Ensure all players are competent in all technical aspects of the game (U8-U19).
- Work with Director of Recreation on curriculum and developing ideas that best serve each age group.
- Provide speed, agility, coordination and conditioning sessions to enhance player athleticism.
- Coordinate player evaluations for the purpose of demonstrating the effectiveness of player development. Where necessary, develop a new and improved format of player evaluations for the entire club.
- Offer advice to players to enhance individual development.
- Assess and modify organizational structure (e.g. Soccer Academy) to promote early player development.
Responsibilities associated with Coach Development include:
- Develop coaching manuals for coaches and oversee the implementation of the curriculum.
- Recruit, interview, evaluate, and hire potential staff along with BOD.
- Evaluate Fusion program coaches and provide feedback throughout the year. Hold staff coaches accountable for meeting the terms of their coaching contracts.
- Conduct regular staff meetings/training days for coaches.
- Review parent evaluations of Fusion program coaches.
- Make recommendations in assigning coaches to teams year to year.
- Design and administer coaching education for Fusion and Recreational coaches as approved by the MSC Budget.
Responsibilities associated with Facilities Management:
The Technical Director will provide day-to-day oversight of the MSC Complex. The purpose of this role is to ensure the facilities layout and turf management activities are coordinated with the development programs to maximize effectiveness.
- Provide direction to the MSC Field Crew regarding weekly responsibilities, priorities, special event planning, and contingency plans for unexpected delays (e.g. weather).
- Work with vendors regarding field equipment, supplies, etc.
- Manage field configuration for leagues and tournaments.
- USSF "B" license or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to education, sports or recreation.
- USSF National Youth License or equivalent.
- US citizen or current valid work permit.
- Experience within travel club environment and/or has been in a director/assistant director role
Applicants should possess the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage players, coaches, and parents.
- Ability to make effective oral and written reports and presentations to parents, players, coaches, and the MSC Board of Directors.
- Ability to work effectively with the MSC Board of Directors, coaches, players, parents/guardians, and representatives of other soccer organizations.
- Ability to understand and provide leadership for management of MSC complex facilities.
- Understanding of youth soccer coaching within the Mid-Michigan area.
- Understanding of youth soccer leagues and governing bodies within the state of Michigan.
- Ability to address and resolve conflicts in a manner that is both fair and consistent with the bylaws of the MSC.
Interested parties should send a copy of their resume to: email@example.com.
Apply Now if you are interested!