Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Cedar Valley Soccer Club | Director of Operations
Cedar Valley Soccer Club (CVSC)
Job Description: Director of Soccer Operations
The CVSC Director of Soccer Operations (DSO) is the ‘face’ of our organization; responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with players, parents, coaches, the broader regional soccer community, and the larger Cedar Valley community as a whole. The DSO directly oversees all club matters involving curriculum development, coaching, player development, program development, and community relations across all age groups and levels of competition in the Cedar Valley area. In addition, the DSO is charged with facilitating and assisting in the coordination of the various club activities and functions relative to the successful execution of CVSC’s strategic plan. The DSO reports directly to the Board of Directors.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Board of Directors in the development of short- and long-term strategic goals for the club. Establish plans to implement these goals. Monitor strategies and policies for effectiveness.
- Attend all monthly meetings of the Board of Directors. Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors relating to work and initiatives detailed in the strategic plan.
- Facilitate and coordinate all organizational activities related to the effective implementation of the strategic plan.
- Timely preparation of proposals and grant applications. Responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Create and administer a survey mechanism for parents, players, coaches and staff in an effort to collect meaningful feedback regarding the effectiveness of all parts of the club’s soccer operations.
- Represent CVSC across the all levels of soccer community - local to regional. Serve as a delegate to the Iowa Soccer Association and attend meetings of that organization, acting as the liaison of the Board of Directors.
- Play a leadership role in fundraising activities for the CVSC.
- Manage staff of the CVSC including the current DOC, Fields/Complex Director and internal bookkeeping/admin staff.
Curriculum & Coaching
- Work with the Director of Coaching (DOC) to recruit and assign all coaches
- Work through the DOC to provide all coaches with a clearly articulated sense of what kids should be learning across all age groups and levels of competition (recreation and Select)
- Identify and clearly articulate ‘best practices’ around teaching kids age-appropriate topics
- Provide opportunities for all coaches to improve by coordinating club-wide coaches training events, coaches meetings, individual support, and National Licensing Clinics
- Monitor the DOC and coaches and provide meaningful individual feedback
- Maintain communication with all coaches (coach’s newsletter, notices of meetings, etc)
- Prepare an annual coaching budget that includes itemizing anticipated needs
- Provide direction regarding appropriate player placement
- Oversee and assist with the tryout process as needed
- Arrange for and/or administer Player Camp/Clinic opportunities
- Bring in experts to assist in overall player development when needed
- Plan, implement and administer age-specific program curriculum.
- Oversee team formation.
- In coordination with staff and board, develop and implement program growth strategies, including, but not limited to, promotion of CVSC programs in area elementary and middle schools
- Continue to grow and oversee the Cedar Valley Cup and Moonlight Classic tournaments; expand tournament offerings for both the Select and recreational programs
- Provide for the successful operations of all indoor activities during the winter season.
- Arrange for and supervise staffing during league play and any other soccer related activities.
- Continue to grow our winter programs
- Collaborate with the Cedar Valley Sportsplex to develop indoor soccer programs in the Cedar Valley
- Minimum of USSF “D” license or NSCAA equivalent.
- Experience coaching boys and girls across all age groups and levels of competition.
- Experience in leadership positions that involve implementing a strategic plan and managing/collaborating with paid employees and a broad volunteer base.
- The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative working environment for volunteers and paid employees.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A proven ability to set and achieve goals and objectives in accordance with established deadlines.
- Committed to working a non-traditional work schedule.
- Optional: Have or be willing to obtain referee assignment credentials. Certified as a referee and registered with the state as an assignor.
Resumes are due by July 28. Interested applicants should contact Bryan Earnest at CVSCbryanearnest@gmail.com
Apply Now if you are interested!