Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Helena Youth Soccer Association | Director of Coaching
The Helena Youth Soccer Association (HYSA) is seeking a qualified individual to join our club as the Director of Coaching (DoC) role. The DoC is the primary individual responsible for overseeing the development of all coaches and players within HYSA, including recreational and competitive teams at all age levels. The DoC works under the direction of the HYSA Board of Directors and the Program Director and must focus on building and implementing a positive club culture among HYSA directors, coaches, parents, and players that values and encourages the growth of players as both skilled individuals and members of a team. The central role of the DoC in achieving this goal is to recruit, evaluate, train, and mentor high quality coaches throughout all HYSA programs.
- Recruit and assign coaches for Fall/Spring Academy, Arsenal camps and clinics, and any additional training opportunities.
- Develop and oversee HYSA’s year-round player development strategy, including designing appropriate curriculum-based player evaluation criteria and overseeing implementation of player evaluation process at all levels.
- Develop HYSA’s coaching staff by:
- Working with the Montana Youth Soccer Association Director of Coaching to host formal coaching education courses for recreational and competitive coaches.
- Developing and implementing informal coaching education for recreational and competitive coaches.
- Providing feedback to coaches about training sessions and competition coaching strategy and methodology.
- Educating coaches on US Youth Soccer, MYSA, and HYSA policies and philosophies on player development and age-appropriate activities.
- Attend Board of Director meetings and provide monthly reports on coaching and player development.
- Oversee HYSA camps and clinics.
- Chair the HYSA coaching committee.
- Oversee annual Arsenal tryout process and lead Coaching Committee in team formation.
- Become proficient with Gotsoccer player/team registration software and assist Registrar and Program Director as needed.
- Prepare and complete coaching evaluation criteria and methods. Review evaluation results with individual coaches and with the Coaching Committee at the end of each season.
- Serve as liaison between HYSA and MYSA, US Youth Soccer Region IV, and US Youth Soccer as needed.
- Assist HYSA Program Director in:
- Providing player, coach, and/or parent conflict resolution as needed.
- Improving player, parent, and coach education about all aspects of soccer including laws of the game, parent behavior, coaching ethics, etc.
- Planning and overseeing HYSA events at the Siebel Soccer Complex and elsewhere, including the operation of HYSA-run tournaments and events.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- USSF National C License or higher and National Youth License, or NSCAA equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Technical Director or Director of Coaching or similar experience.
- Minimum of five years coaching experience, with experience coaching soccer teams across a broad spectrum of ages, skill levels, and competitiveness preferred.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, diplomatically, and collaboratively with a broad range of constituents within the soccer community, including coaches, players, parents, HYSA directors and staff, club volunteers, state officials, referees, and community members.
This is an hourly, part-time position with working hours weighted toward Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in the fall and spring. The DoC is expected to work no more than 20 hours per week and will be compensated accordingly. Some early morning and/or late evening hours will be required.
The HYSA DoC will receive an hourly wage, paid monthly, and travel/meal reimbursements when attending events in a DoC capacity. The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and complete résumé to HYSA Vice President, Sean Lawlor, at email@example.com
Please contact HYSA Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 431-3064.
Apply Now if you are interested!