Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
ASSA Director of Coaching | Arkansas State Soccer Association
Arkansas State Soccer Association
1100 East Kiehl Ave #3
Sherwood AR 72120
Position: ASSA Director of Coaching
Job Description: The Arkansas State Soccer Association is an affiliate of US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, and US Adult Soccer, and is responsible for a wide range of soccer program across the State of Arkansas. Annually, ASSA currently registers approximately 20,000 youth players, 4,000 adult soccer players, and 3,000 coaches, through its 60 member clubs.
The Director of Coaching is a full-time position and reports to the ASSA Executive Director. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Oversee all coaching education and development programs, in compliance with US Soccer and US Youth Soccer requirements
- Oversee all technical aspects of the ASSA Player Development and Olympic Development Programs
- Identify opportunities for club assistance and outreach programs, and implement these initiatives as approved by the ASSA Board of Directors
- Prepare and manage annual budgets for the programs listed above
- Prepare and distribute periodic e-newsletters to coaches, players, and parents
- Periodically visit member clubs/associations to assess their developmental needs
- Report monthly to the Board of Directors and participate in all Board Meetings
Requirements: This job requires physical effort involving intermittent driving, standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, reaching, and running. Applicants must also be able to occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Other requirements include:
- Current US Soccer National "A" Coaching License
- US Soccer National Youth License preferred.
- Experience teaching state-level ("D", "E", "F", and "YM" ) education courses
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Significant computer literacy, with demonstrated experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass a background check
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred, but not required
Compensation: $55,000 to $65,000 annually plus benefits (commensurate with experience)
Start Date: November 2014
Application Process: To apply, please send cover letter, resume and completed application form to: Gayle Smith, ASSA Executive Director, at ExecutiveDirector@arkansassoccer.org or at the address above.
Apply Now if you are interested!