Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Director of Coaching | Buckingham United / CBAA Soccer Club
The Buckingham United /CBAA Soccer Club has provided Recreational, Academy, and Select/Travel Programs for players U5-U18 since 1973. It is committed to providing high quality player development and ensuring opportunities for all interested youth to have fun in competitive soccer. It has been successful at the local, state, and regional levels by recognizing the importance of a soccer program and its coaches in influencing the lives and character of children through soccer.
The Director of Coaching (DOC) is the leader of all soccer operations within the Buckingham United /CBAA Soccer Club, which includes all teams and recreational/youth programs. The DOC oversees player development, coaching development, program development, and club development. All aspects of this role should be completed while maintaining the focus of the club’s existing mission and goals.
- Player and Coaching Development
- Create, implement, and manage resources for training curriculum for all programs/teams
- Create and implement coaching development curriculum for all coaches
- Oversee and supervise player development and annual open tryout process and player selection.
- Recruit and retain top level in house coaches/trainers
- Provide training and guidance to parent volunteer / game day coaches.
- Supervise all tournaments, camps, and clinics
- Supervise the Pre-travel (U7-U8) and Academy (U9-U10) Programs.
- Provide college-recruiting education to club members and coaches
- Primary contact in mitigating and resolving soccer issues
- Act as liaison on issues that may affect the club, including representing the club at any functions, state soccer association meetings, or other events
- Provide a comprehensive DOC report at the end of the Fall and Spring Season for the committee.
- Assist in Developing an annual budget working with President and Treasurer.
- Provide other services as necessary and as directed.
- License: National “C” License or equivalent and above preferred.
- Coaching Experience: At least five years of youth coaching experience. At least three years of supervisory experience in youth coaching. Previous DOC or Assistant DOC experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to relate to and motivate players, coaches, and parents
- Proven implementation of mentoring/development program
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to players, coaches, parents, sponsors, and other organizations
- Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate result
- Proven computer skills, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, registration, and website -management programs
- Possesses integrity, honesty, and high ethical standards
New Director of Coaching will have access to the outgoing Director of Coaching to transition into this role. An Assistant DOC is in place to assist as needed.
Competitive salary with bonus incentives
Reimbursement for job related expenses
- Please send letter of interest, resume and 3 letters of reference to Becky Barlow, President of CBAA Soccer, at email@example.com. One letter of reference should be from a previous supervisor.
Apply Now if you are interested!