Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
US Youth Soccer | General Manager – Midwest Region
SUMMARY: The General Manager – Midwest Region will be responsible for coordinating activities, providing service, leveraging commonalities and identifying best practices among State Associations in order to enhance value to players, parents, coaches and other stakeholders. This position will perform daily interaction with State Associations to assist in progressing both short and long term goals and objectives of the region as well as the national office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs all activities of the region, including but not limited to the planning, coordinating, promoting and executing of regional competitions and events, (i.e., Regional Championships, Regional League, Regional Presidents Cup, TOPSoccer, ODP camps, inter-regionals, etc.), regional workshops and meetings.
- Creates and implements a results-driven game plan for the region that engages the Regional Council, staff and volunteers to achieve excellence region-wide.
- Develops an internal culture within the region that supports US Youth Soccer’s mission and promotes synergy and collaboration across all four (4) regions, as well as the national office.
- Assesses internal and external mechanisms to aid the organization in developing revenue, containing costs and driving operational efficiencies.
- Serves as key communications champion for the region, representing US Youth Soccer at key regional events, among sponsors and vendors; acts as the primary liaison to facilitate communication and coordination between State Associations within the region and the national office.
- In consultation with the National Office, work to increase US Youth Soccer’s name recognition in the region through effective marketing, communications, branding and other initiatives.
- Inspires, leads and engages a network of volunteers, (i.e., committees), staff, local organizing committees, as a partner and champion.
- Presides over Regional Council meetings to gain customer input, hear ideas and ensure quality, effectiveness, and advancement of goals and objectives.
- Manages and reviews operational activities and related expenditures vs. budget to manage region’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Controls expenditures of region to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance metrics to ensure that employees (both paid and volunteer) in the region meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Negotiates regional event contracts and work agreements.
- Meets with key vendors and service providers to maintain relationships required to support events within the region.
- Prepares periodic reports showing region’s achievements, current initiatives, future projects, etc.
- Provides ongoing and timely input to the CEO (or his designee) on progress of all regional activities; conducts analysis of all program/event costs and effectiveness; and integrates changes to create more effective regional programs in successive years.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The General Manager – Midwest Region will be a strategic and outcomes leader possessing a strong track record and diverse skill set to build and lead a momentous strategy for US Youth Soccer. S/he will bring vision, gravitas, passion and high energy to generate new ideas to support our mission.
The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of the following, or similar strategic leadership experience:
- Soccer experience and intimate knowledge of US Youth Soccer are both highly valued.
- Strong leadership abilities and strategic thinking to create, plan, share and execute regional events.
- Change management skills and action orientation, along with the ability to function in a complex, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Charisma and an ability to collaborate, influence, and motivate others.
- A customer-service and partnership building track record (or the skills and acumen to ensure success).
- An ability to improve processes; and manage business planning, a budgetary function and program delivery and oversight.
- A thorough understanding of business and management principles involved in planning and management of people and resources
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Measurement experience and the ability to leverage analysis and data to drive results.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills; clearly, effectively, and persuasively communicates at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Strong professional ethics, integrity, transparency and accountability in all actions.
- Sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
An undergraduate degree is required
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.)
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Earn the trust and respect of the Regional Council, CEO and other internal and external stakeholders in the region and across US Youth Soccer enterprise-wide.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy and actions plan to drive membership growth in the region, and achieve appropriate and timely outcomes and success in the implementation of US Youth Soccer events in the region.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to measure results.
- Deliver regular updates on measurable progress being achieved to the CEO of US Youth Soccer and other leadership.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be made available to the qualified candidate
Please send your resume and cover letters to Yvette Saenz, email@example.com
United States Youth Soccer Association is a non-profit organization that develops, promotes and administers the game of soccer throughout the United States to youths 20 years old and under. We offer a range of employee benefits including health, vision, dental, LTD, STD, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, etc.