Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Director of Coaching | Missouri Youth Soccer Association
- Responsible for the development of coaching and soccer education programs and curriculum for Missouri.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Technical Director in providing D, E and Youth Module Courses to meet the needs of Missouri Youth Soccer coaching population and ensure that the courses follow US Soccer Course requirements and policies.
- Responsible for providing recreational courses and recreational training for registered coaches of Missouri Youth Soccer.
- In cooperation with the State Technical Director, responsible for conducting license courses as well as supervising course instruction by other State Coaching Staff
- Train/oversee/manage State Coaching and ODP staff in cooperation with the State Technical Director.
- Responsible for the promotion of the Olympic Development Program.
- Responsible for the development of Missouri Youth Soccer educational materials, coaching manuals, Missouri Youth Soccer coaching resources, etc.
- Assist in the development of team interest in the Midwest Regional League, Missouri State Premier Soccer and Missouri Youth Soccer State Tournaments and events.
- Provide information to those who have ODP, coaching and coaching related inquiries as needed.
- Provide expert answers and support regarding small-sided games and other formats of play.
- In cooperation with Operations Manager, disseminate media releases relating to ODP & Coach Education.
- Provide written reports for Missouri Youth Soccer Board of Director Meetings as requested.
- Develop and publish an overview of the ODP and Coaching Programs for distribution at Missouri Youth Soccer Annual General Meeting to the membership of MISSOURI YOUTH SOCCER.
- Develop and implement coaching workshops, seminars, and other educational programs for the benefit of Missouri Youth Soccer members, clubs and leagues.
- Responsible for developing, conducting, and staffing of Missouri Youth Soccer (day and overnight) camps.
- Implement and Supervise the Missouri Discover Soccer Project within the state.
- Any other duties as specifically assigned by the Missouri Youth Soccer Executive Director.
- Work with Operations Manager to promote MYSA programming and events.
- Create yearly goals, yearly plan, weekly goals, planned events, and contact of members.
- Maintain a Director of Coaching Web Site Calendar showing the next six (6) months of events. Calendar shall include schedule dates; which member is receiving services and topic of event.
- Chair the Awards of the Year Committee that will be responsible for awarding the Boy’s and Girl’s Coach of the Year and the Volunteer of the Year Awards.
- Educate coaches on their role in spectator control and control of their actions on the sideline.
- Participate and attend any State Program Event as directed by the Executive Director or Board of Directors (State Championships, Presidents Cup etc.).
- Seek Sponsorships and Grants for coaching programs and work with Operations Manager on other MYSA programs.
- Work with Operations Manager as needed to promote Top Soccer, Discover Soccer Project and similar MYSA Programs.
- Abide by and help facilitate any new or current contracts or sponsorships of MYSA.
- Create yearly goals and a yearly plan and submit to the Executive Director.
- Work with the Missouri Youth Soccer Executive Director on the development and monitoring of the ODP & Coach Education budgets.
? Reports directly to the Missouri Youth Soccer Executive Director
- Must currently be in good standing with the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and its Members.
- Currently possess & maintain a USSF ‘A’ Coaching License and National Youth license.
- Obtain and keep current any additional educational requirements needed by the US Soccer Federation.
- Must successfully pass a Risk Management Background Check & be insurable for company auto.
- Must currently be legally eligible to live and work in the United States.
- Must have previous coaching experience.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to handle and appropriately mange conflict.
- Ability to travel including driving of a company vehicle.
- Ability to work with all parties for proper communication between State, Regional and National Staff.
- Maintain open communication with coaches, players and parents through web page, phone, email, and mail.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year accredited college or university.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization or sports organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, PDF Editor)
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems.
- Experience in managing data.
How to Apply:
Any interested candidate must submit a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to Nik Bushell, Missouri Youth Soccer, Executive Director on or before Friday, October 6, 2017. Cover letters, resumes and wage requirements can be submitted to Nik Bushell by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (MISSOURI YOUTH SOCCER c/o Nik Bushell, 926 Hemsath Drive, Suite 102, St. Charles MO 63303) NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
About Missouri State Youth Soccer Association, Inc.:
Missouri Youth Soccer Association, Inc. (MISSOURI YOUTH SOCCER) is a nonprofit organization that represents over 30,000 youth soccer players, 4,000 coaches, and 90 organizations throughout Missouri. Missouri Youth Soccer consists of a vast number of leagues that register players (boys and girls) from ages 4 through 19 throughout the state. Missouri Youth Soccer is a member of the United States Youth Soccer Association and the United States Soccer Federation. For more information on MISSOURI YOUTH SOCCER, visit www.moyouthsoccer.org.