Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Director of Recreational Soccer | Rogue Valley Timbers
Director of Recreational Soccer
Rogue Valley Timbers
Forward Resumes to Kevin Primerano at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS
Reporting to RVT Executive Director and Director of Coaching, the Director of Recreational Soccer will provide leadership and oversight of the Rogue Valley Timbers recreational soccer programs. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
• Work with club registrar to identify, train and oversee volunteer age group coordinators. Age group coordinators are tasked with identifying coaches and team formation and serve as the primary liaison between the Director of Recreational Soccer and the players and coaches in the age group.
• With direction from the Executive Director, oversee the recreational recruitment and registration process that includes preparing and distributing flyers to local schools, contacting newspaper and other media outlets to inform them of registration information and other marketing initiatives that will help increase enrollment in the RVT recreational programs.
• With direction from the Executive Director/Director of Coaching, further develop the recreational soccer program including curriculum, process and philosophy.
• Assist appointed board member on the scheduling process for the recreational league.
• Arrange soccer clinics within the local elementary schools with the goal of exposing more kids to the Rogue Valley Timbers and the game of soccer in order to recruit more players to the club. These clinics should take place ahead of or during registration periods.
• Conduct coaching clinics for volunteer coaches prior to the start of each recreational season. These clinics should model age appropriate best practices and provide a foundation and direction to the coaches to implement and follow club development philosophy.
• Work with the recreational teams on a regular basis to model best practices and
age appropriate training methods for our volunteer coaches. This can be accomplished on a team-by-team setting or pulling multiple teams together for training sessions.
• Provide Executive Director accurate equipment inventory and requests to ensure that all equipment is ordered in a timely fashion including balls, cones, nets and anything else required to operate the recreational soccer season.
• With assistance from the Board of Directors, prepare and hand out equipment to volunteer coaches at beginning of recreational soccer season.
• With assistance from the Board of Directors, arrange and manage collection of coaches’ gear following the end of the spring season.
• Serve as the primary contact for all recreational questions or concerns.
• Be present on Saturdays at recreational games and ensure that fields are lined and set up properly. Ensure that coaches, players and parents are adhering to the club development philosophy.
• Work with Vice President of Recreational Soccer/Recreational Referee coordinator to ensure that referees are secured, trained and assigned to appropriate games.
• Work with players, coaches and families to facilitate a smooth transition into competitive soccer, and provide options for those players not interested in pursuing competitive soccer.
• Be available to help in any capacity during the week leading up to the Rogue Memorial Challenge and throughout the tournament weekend.
• Be available to assist in evaluating or facilitating competitive soccer tryouts.
• Run recreational camps during the summer, over spring break and at other key times throughout the year as part of revenue sharing program.
• Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Executive Director.
USSF C License or Equivalent, NSCAA Equivalent or Foreign Equivalent
USSF National Youth License
4 Year College Degree Prior playing experience
*Prior experience will be considered in lieu of above qualifications.
• Highly detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask in fast paced environment
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to resolve conflicts
• Understanding of learning stages of children
• Ability to work independently
This position requires availability in the evenings and on weekends during certain times of year.
About the Rogue Valley Timbers Soccer Club:
Serving over 1500 children a year (1000 recreational and 500 competitive) children per year, the Rogue Valley Timbers Soccer Club (RVT) is one of the largest clubs in Oregon. Located in beautiful Southern Oregon, the Rogue Valley Timbers mission is to be visible and accountable leaders within the Southern Oregon Soccer Community. RVSC will strive to develop youth soccer players in ways that will make them successful both on and off of the field. We are committed to strengthening the player’s soccer skills, fitness and self-confidence while introducing and reinforcing the RVT Core Values of Excellence, Respect, Courage, Accountability and Community.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
Internal Number: DOR17
Apply Now if you are interested!