Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Grassroots Development Coordinator | Utah Youth Soccer
Utah Youth Soccer Association
Utah Youth Soccer is the leader in promoting, developing and governing youth soccer in Utah: providing quality educational and developmental opportunities for all members.
HIRING FOR: Full time position with Utah Youth Soccer
HIRE DATE: November 2017
JOB TITLE: Grassroots Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Grassroots Development Coordinator responsibilities include creation, implementation and management of new and existing grassroots soccer programs throughout the state; and provide coaching education and support for all programs that are created. The position will carry both strategic development and supervisory responsibilities in areas effecting program execution and growth. The Grassroots Development Coordinator will also be responsible for working collaboratively with the administrative and operation staff to ensure high-level program success.
- Implement marketing and community relations plan for recruitment and retention of volunteers, coaches and players.
- Develop and implement age appropriate programming and services for the Grassroots Program.
- Implement, along with Technical Director and other Program Managers, comprehensive and challenging player development curriculums and policies.
- Oversee all grassroots programs (i.e. School of Excellence, Soccer Fest, G.O.A.L.S., etc.)
- Working with the Technical Director to create and deliver a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate coaching development and mentoring program. This may include clinics, workshops and/or seminars.
- Aid and assist the Technical Director in the development and execution of UYSA’s technical programs. Technical programs include:
- Player Development
- Coaching Development
- Parent awareness training
- Responsible to establish, along with Technical Director, a yearly Grassroots budget.
- Be actively involved in personal continuing education and development
- Possess integrity and good organizational and administrative skills with good time management.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- USSF D License
- Organized, progressive and creative
- In-depth knowledge of the game of soccer
- Experience working with youth
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- USSF C License
- National Youth Coaching Certificate
- Must have extensive knowledge of FIFA Laws of the Game, US Youth and Utah Youth Soccer policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work with many different groups and personalities to problem solve and troubleshoot event issues and opportunities.
- Must have the ability to create relationships between member organizations, elementary schools and their students.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and email.
- Have a dynamic personality with innovative ideas and strong motivational skills.
- Possess proven ability to influence adults and articulate concepts to large audiences.
Full-time Salary with competitive benefit package
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to Eric Landon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Now if you are interested!