Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Director of Marketing and Communications | US Youth Soccer
WHO WE ARE:
US Youth Soccer is the largest youth sports organization in the country and the largest member of the U.S. Soccer Federation with over 3 million players nationwide. We have 55 member state associations who work tirelessly to create a unique soccer experience for kids and families throughout the year. We are also a membership-driven, non-profit and educational organization whose mission is to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition. Our role is also to make soccer fun, approachable, and instill in young players a lifelong passion for the sport.
US Youth Soccer promotes healthy activity through the sport of soccer and whether its recreational-players or those aspiring to highest level of elite competitions, our focus is on the player. We want them to have fun, develop a passion for the game of soccer and learn valuable life lessons like hard work, discipline and teamwork. US Youth Soccer is also committed to providing the safest playing environment possible for our players and their families.
WHO YOU ARE:
To support our continued growth, US Youth Soccer is seeking a leader who not only shares our commitment for soccer and child health and wellness, but one with unquestioned integrity who can oversee and manage all aspects of our marketing and communications team. The Director of Marketing & Communications will work with the CEO and Executive Leadership on the planning, development and implementation of all US Youth Soccer’s marketing, communications, digital and membership growth strategies. This individual will be tasked with identifying potential new business opportunities, develop plans and action steps to grow the US Youth Soccer brand nationally, and direct key marketing activities, including: digital marketing efforts, sponsorships and partnerships, competitive & market insights and awareness-building of our national, regional and state level events and competitions.
- The position reports to the CEO of US Youth Soccer.
- This position interacts with the Board of Directors, Regional and State leadership and other management staff in charting the direction of the organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies and ensuring its effective operation.
- Externally, the position coordinates, primarily with marketing and digital agencies, media, sponsors, committee volunteers, local organizing committees and others.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive effective strategic planning and provide tools and thought leadership to improve marketing decisions for the organization while ensure alignment with the 4 regions of US Youth Soccer and our state associations.
- Develop and implement a consistent and unified brand strategy and architecture.
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy - including branding campaigns, events, digital marketing, PR, etc.
- Lead the delivery of content for publications, e-mail, social media, websites, etc. Serve as primary contact for all media relations efforts.
- Development and execution of sponsorship planning, execution and activation to achieve revenue goals.
- Manage the digital ecosystem/system Integration and continuous analysis of digital landscape and emerging trends. Must be able to leverage the use of technology to create new business models that improve customer experience.
- Deliver customized training, tools/resources to State Association members.
- Ideal candidate is data-driven and doesn’t shy away from numbers in making a compelling business case. He/She will review and evaluate all relevant data, including player registration statistics, web analytics, social media trends, etc. to determine the right course of action and ensure proper ROI.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven ability to set strategy at a senior management level and then execute tactically with his/her team; provide management with constructive viewpoints and ideas to impact the business.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Experience in managing websites and a CRM platform.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Superior communication skills and ability to broker support and collaboration in a membership environment; successful candidate will need to be a strong and empathetic listener and be able to engage with members verbally, and in written form, in a range of styles and contexts to build support and alignment.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in marketing, brand management, strategic planning or communications fields with demonstrated success in managing a progressive marketing team, preferably in youth soccer or the broader youth sports sector.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letters to US Youth Soccer at email@example.com
Apply Now if you are interested!