Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Competitions Administrator | Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association
The Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) employs seven full-time employees. Located in West Allis, we are situated in Milwaukee County and draw from a diverse work force. Currently we are seeking a highly motivated, dedicated and energetic team member for the following position:
This is a full-time exempt position working primarily weekdays, 8:00am to 4:00pm with some evenings and weekends.
The Competitions Administrator is responsible for the management of the Southeast Classic League and Western Wisconsin Classic League; administration of the tournament sanctioning/reporting process and support to the WYSA State Championships and Presidents Cup. Duties include customer service, online registration processes, program schedules, disciplinary actions, budget development and management, on-site support for WYSA events as well as collaboration with the Competitions Manager and WYSA Directors of Coaching. Other tasks as assigned by the WYSA Executive Director. Competitions Administrator has significant input on operational procedure, program format and policy development for WYSA.
Applicants must have exceptional computer skills, be capable of managing multiple tasks and handling general service related requests by telephone and email. Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are essential. Prior work experience with youth soccer or other youth sports administration is desirable.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Administer assigned WYSA competitions in accordance with applicable competition policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for complete administration of the Southeast Classic League and Western Wisconsin Classic League.
- Manage the Tournament Sanctioning and Post Tournament Reporting process.
- Develop and manage applicable competitions program budgets. Review financial records of WYSA leagues and sanctioned tournaments to include registration fees, referee fees, facility rental, awards and other applicable revenue and expenses.
- Serve as member resource for leagues and tournaments, providing accurate, timely information concerning WYSA competitions.
- Provide administrative support to the WYSA State Championships and President’s Cup. Duties include on sitesupport, eligibility verification, document management, event schedule and other tasks as assigned by the Competitions Manager.
- Participate in league meetings as required.
- Review referee game reports for WYSA classic leagues. Impose disciplinary sanctions in instances of unsporting conduct by players, coaches, parents, or clubs.
- Order and distribute awards for all WYSA competitions.
- Coordinate housing needs for WYSA staff, volunteers and teams advancing to the US Youth Soccer Region II Championships.
- Attain a working knowledge of all competitions software and make recommendations to the Competitions Manager and/or WYSA Executive Director regarding opportunities or enhancements. Act as a staff liaison to clubs and districts using the State selected software vendor for scheduling.
- Serve as staff liaison to committees or task forces, competitions or other, as assigned.
- Together with the Competitions Manager and WYSA Directors of Coaching; develop, recommend and implement communication strategies with a goal of providing timely information and increasing participation in WYSA leagues and tournaments.
- Attend meetings as required which may include US Youth Soccer and Region II events.
- Participate as a team member in providing exceptional customer service to the clubs, families and players served by Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association.
- Participate in other WYSA programs and activities as assigned to fulfill the WYSA mission.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and college level business courses taken preferred.
- Minimum two years experience working with youth sports (soccer preferred), providing administrative support to include membership services, event planning, budgeting and financial oversight.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking and project management skills required.
- Ability to be “on call” via cell phone nights and weekends as required during the soccer season, to respond to questions from clubs, coaches, managers, referees, etc.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard company funds and property.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends on a limited basis (approximately 5-10%).
- Ability to travel overnight on a very limited basis (typically less than 10%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires greater than 50% of time working on a computer.
- Ability to communicate with others via the telephone.
- Ability to perform computer tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of various sizes and shapes weighing up to 50 pounds.
Salary range is based on relevant skills and experience. Benefits including medical, dental, short-term disability and life insurance, Section 125/FSA, 401k retirement plan plus generous paid time off (holiday, vacation and sick) are provided to all full-time staff. For additional information please contact WYSA Executive Director Melissa Zielinski at 414-328-9972 ext 105 or email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted until January 1, 2018 or the position is filled.
The Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Now if you are interested!