Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
US Youth Soccer ODP West Boys Head Coach
The overarching responsibility of the Region Head Coach is to fulfill the goals stated in the Philosophy and Purpose of the US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (US Youth Soccer ODP). The position reports to the Region General Manager and the CEO of US Youth Soccer. The Region Head Coach is responsible for the systematic implementation of high performance player development and professional growth of the technical staff. Service, support and advocacy for American soccer will be hallmarks of the Region Head Coach.
The US Youth Soccer ODP Philosophy
To identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, which will lead to increased success for the U.S. National Teams in the international arena.
The US Youth Soccer ODP Purpose
The US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program was formed in 1977 to identify a pool of players in each age group from which a National Team will be selected for international competition; to provide high-level training to benefit and enhance the development of players at all levels; and, through the use of carefully selected and licensed coaches, develop a mechanism for the exchange of ideas and curriculum to improve all levels of coaching.
The position has the following major responsibilities:
Prepare reports and recommendations to the Region General Manager
- Provide strategic planning for US Youth Soccer ODP within the region while meshing with the state associations ODP and the national association
- Jointly share responsibility for all Program functions in the region with the region ODP administrator
- Manage the activities of the Program and oversee the Program staff in coordination and consultation with the Region General Manager
- Train the technical staff in the execution of the US Youth Soccer ODP curriculum
- Create, implement and communicate player development pathways
- Establish and communicate short-term and long-term goals for specific age groups
- Supervise the annual activities calendar for the age group pools/teams
- Interface with U. S. Soccer staff on player development methods
- In consultation with the Region General Manager:
- Recruit, train and set performance standards for the regional technical staff
- Dismiss staff who fail to meet the set standards
- Provide input for budget development with the Region General Manager
- Demonstrated high moral character and values
- The Region Head Coach must be a coach of national/regional stature with a U. S. Soccer “A” license (Youth or Senior) or may hold a U. S. Soccer “B” license and be named as “Acting Coach” for a period of no more than one (1) year while earning the “A” license or have a number of years in this type of role
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- The coach will have a minimum of five years experience on the region and/or state ODP staff
- Understands and is committed to age appropriate development
- Excellent teaching ability
- Highly organized -
- Can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Deadline: December 8
Pay: Stipend (based on experience)
Apply Now if you are interested!