Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Administrative Assistant | Michigan State Youth Soccer Association
Regular Part-Time (approximately 30 hours per week) Administrative Assistant
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the answering of MSYSA & MSPSP phones.
- Maintain front desk area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Assist office staff with daily administrative functions.
- Assist office staff, as needed, with MSYSA/MSPSP programs, tournaments & events.
- Type and word process documents, as needed.
- Assist with the updating of MSYSA Bylaws, Rules and Policies, as directed.
- Assist with the monitoring of the State Office e-mail account.
- Collect and distribute MSYSA mail.
- Responsible for MSYSA office calendar.
- Assist office staff with website and social media updates.
- Assist with general soccer inquires generated via playsoccermi.com.
- Assist Accounting Manager with electronic back up scanning, as needed.
- Assist with the creation, posting and dissemination of the monthly e-newsletter, as needed.
- Responsible for the distribution of various mailings (certified letters, overnight packages, mailings to leagues, etc).
- Assist with the coordination of staff and board member travel arrangements.
- Serve as liaison with respect to office equipment vendors and/or suppliers.
- Responsible for office inventory and for purchases of office and/or kitchen supplies or materials.
- Assist team officials with online registration program account set up/consolidation.
- Assist with the receiving of and the approving of guest players and tournament only teams.
- Assist with the team registration of MRL (Midwest Regional League) and DA (Director’s Academy) teams.
- Assist with general inquiries regarding online registration for ODP ID Weekend, ODP101, ODP GK, ODP winter indoor trainings, etc.
- Assist MSYSA’s Director of Coaching Education, as needed, with the registration of patrons and with the verification of MSYSA coaching licenses.
- Assist MSYSA Director of Coaching Education, as needed, with the coaching course database, the distribution of coaching course materials and document management.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, MSYSA Board Members and MSYSA members.
- Any other duties as specifically requested by the MSYSA Executive Director.
- Reports to the MSYSA Executive Director
About Michigan State Youth Soccer Association, Inc:
The Michigan State Youth Soccer Association, Inc. (MSYSA) is a nonprofit organization that represents over 90,000 youth soccer players, 12,000 coaches, and 6,000 referees throughout Michigan. MSYSA consists of a vast number of leagues that register players (boys and girls) from ages 4 through 19 throughout the state. MSYSA is a member of the United States Youth Soccer Association and the United States Soccer Federation. For more information on MSYSA, visit www.michiganyouthsoccer.org.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and/or related prior employment experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in facilitating administrative support for multiple departments. Performs administrative and office support activities. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and filing. Software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, calendar software and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Occasional weekend work required as directed by Supervisor.
- Ability to travel domestically as directed by Supervisor.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without assistance.
How to Apply:
Any interested candidate must submit a cover letter, resume and hourly wage requirements to Thomas K. Faro, MSYSA Executive Director on or before February 1, 2018. Cover letters, resumes and hourly wage requirements can be submitted to Thomas K. Faro by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (MSYSA c/o Thomas K. Faro, 9401 General Drive, Suite 120, Plymouth, Michigan 48170). NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Apply Now if you are interested!