Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Competitions Coordinator | South Texas Youth Soccer Association
Job Title: Competitions Coordinator
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Manor (Austin), TX
South Texas Youth Soccer Association (STYSA) is seeking a qualified Competitions Coordinator to provide support for state and regional events and leagues. The Competitions Coordinator will report directly to the STYSA Director of Competitions. Generally this employee works regular office hours; however, some weekend and evening hours will be required.
South Texas Youth Soccer Association has roughly 100,000 players, coaches and volunteers participating in our national state association on an annual basis. South Texas Youth Soccer Association is affiliated with US Youth Soccer and the US Soccer Federation. STYSA currently has 9 full-time employees.
- Plans, organizes and manages state competitions including Directors Cup and South Texas Cup (including event staging with host sites; awards presentations; reviewing and approving event invoices; and coordination of volunteers, teams, referees and vendors with host sites)
- Plans, organizes and manages Fall Championships in conjunction with Member Association hosts
- Referee administration for above competitions (coordinate payment, etc.)
- Input information from event and league game cards; manage communication on suspensions; track event payments
- In conjunction with Director of Membership Services, assists Member Associations and clubs with registration and rosters as related to Competitions
- Assists in the development of all program related marketing and communication efforts
- Supports the Executive VP and District VPs as requested and required
- Works with the Director of Competitions and Assistant Director of Competitions on special projects
- Represents STYSA at selected tournaments, meetings and conventions
- Fulfills all other tasks as assigned to accomplish the goals of STYSA
- A college degree from an accredited four-year university or equivalent experience; A degree in recreation, business administration and/or sports management is preferable.
- Prior professional work experience in league/tournament management in a small office environment is preferred.
- Must have the ability to organize and execute multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously. Microsoft Office experience required.
- Must be organized and possess excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be able to work flexible hours including weekend events and be willing to travel as required.
Applicants must be willing to work in the existing STYSA State Office located in Manor, TX (Austin Metropolitan Area) during regular office hours. STYSA employees enjoy full medical insurance and vacation benefits based upon time of service.
All interested applicants should email resumes and salary requirements (No phone calls or paper copies please):
Mike Leland, Director of Competitions
Apply Now if you are interested!