Employment Opportunities - Job Listing
Director of Coaching | Madrid Premier Soccer Club
Madrid Premier Soccer Club (MPSC) founded in 2002, is a competitive youth soccer organization located on the Central Coast of California. MPSC draws motivated boys and girls from throughout San Luis Obispo and northern Santa Barbara counties to develop and compete at high levels of the game. MPSC youth teams play in both Southern California's Coast Soccer League and the local Central Coast Soccer League.
Madrid Premier Soccer Club is committed to developing players' skills and abilities, offering opportunities for personal growth and character development, and promoting lifelong participation in soccer. MPSC is aware that these years are important in shaping the attitudes, self-esteem and self-respect of our youth. All club members are held to the highest standards of conduct both on and off the playing field.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop age appropriate coaching curriculum.
- Develop and implement coaches’ code of conduct.
- Conduct coaches meetings/training sessions.
- Identify and recruit new coaches.
- Interview and assign coaches to teams.
- Observe and evaluate training sessions and games.
- Conduct annual coach evaluations.
- Develop and administer Supplemental Training Program to include keeper training.
- Organize and conduct club tryouts.
- Develop standardized Player Evaluations and conduct annual player evaluations.
- Positions reports to the Board of Directors.
- Attend executive and general club meetings.
- Conduct Parent Meetings.
- Act as the MPSC liaison representing the club at any industry and community functions, meetings, events or as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Candidate will report any potential conflicts of interest to the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as directed by Board of Directors.
- Director of Coaching may coach team(s).
- Candidate must be willing to work nonstandard schedule/hours.
- Ability/willingness to travel.
License: Minimum USSF C License, NSCAA Diploma(s) desirable, and a desire to pursue further coaching education and development
Education: Prefer Bachelor of Science/Arts in sports related major; or equivalent experience/certification.
Playing Experience: A minimum of four years playing at the college level, or equivalent.
Coaching Experience: A minimum of 8 years as head coach and at least 6 years with a competitive club team. Experience as a Director of Coaching is preferred.
- Candidate will be able to demonstrate competency and proficiency in: communication skills both written and verbal, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, motivational skills and computer skills.
- Candidate will have a philosophy/focus on player development over results (win/loss.)
- Ability to show evidence of creating and implementing a vision for the future success of the club.
- Excellent knowledge of all soccer rules (including local rules) and laws.
- Thorough knowledge of youth soccer development.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with coaches, players, and parents.
Compensation: Starting pay will be up to $10,000 per year, depending on experience, with an opportunity for advancement based on performance and club growth.
How to Apply: A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the cover page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Two professional references and contact information should be included. Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and references to Gary McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Madrid Premier Soccer Club
Attn.: Gary McLean, President
P.O. Box 427
Templeton, CA 93465
Apply Now if you are interested!