Manager of Communications- US Youth Soccer, the nation's largest youth sports organization is accepting applications for the Manager of Communications position in the National office headquartered in Frisco, TX. The principle responsibility of this position is to work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to maximize publicity for US Youth Soccer-managed programs and events. The position works closely with local, regional and national media to expand exposure of the programs, events, its sponsors, volunteers and the athletes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Develop and coordinate internal and external communication plans to increase awareness of US Youth Soccer.
· Execute public relations activities for US Youth Soccer, including acting as a primary staff contact with the media for day-to-day activities, spokesperson for the organization, and event support including press releases.
· Assist with strategic implementation of the US Youth Soccer website.
· Developing and maintaining a media distribution database.
· Serve as a primary contact point for US Youth Soccer, its programs and Regions, and serves as a contact point for State Associations and members of State Associations for public/media relations assistance and expertise.
· Provide training, information, and technical assistance to members regarding public and media relations and internet marketing.
· Conduct research and develop communications activities as required to meet the informational needs of US Youth Soccer members, clubs, and leagues.
· Identify, collect, and report as needed information and data for members.
· Source, edit, produce, and disseminate various print and non-print materials and electronic information products for use within and beyond US Youth Soccer.
· Management of design and content of the website and all web related activities.
· Write press releases, advertising and program copy, athlete bios and other items as necessary.
· Pitch story ideas to endemic and non-endemic media.
· Source, update and maintain mailing lists for programs and events.
· Manage the on-site event Public Relations operations.
· Manage the compilation of overview reports for sponsors.
· Manage all press release mailings and newsletters through all channels.
· Develop and maintain archival information of the organization.
· Serve as primary editor for communications Association’s publication.
· Primary member of editorial team.
· Serve as public spokesperson for the organization when required.
· Fulfill all other tasks as assigned to accomplish goals of the position for US Youth Soccer.