Become a Referee
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
SOCCER REFEREES NEEDED
Players, Soccer Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Coaches, Former Players, Soccer Fanatics, Couch Potatoes, All:
Youth soccer needs you to participate in a manner you may never have thought about before. The youth game has continued to grow exponentially, but the number of referees remains stagnant at best. Each year, nationwide, 30-40% of soccer referees don’t return. Here in Ohio South the same is true. The game needs you to step forward and help. It doesn’t need to be full-time, whatever little time that you can contribute on your schedule will be helpful.
Reasons to Become a Soccer Referee:
- It’s a great way to contribute both to the sport and to the players.
- It’s an excellent opportunity to get some physical exercise and improve your overall level of fitness.
- It can be an opportunity for some of you to give back to the game, as well as also allowing you to stay involved in the game.
- It’s your chance to show that you can do a better job of officiating than what you’ve seen.
- It can be a challenging hobby that will improve you both physically and mentally.
- It’s an opportunity to just simply better understand the game of soccer itself.
- It’s a chance to network, meet new friends and enjoy the camaraderie of a fraternity of soccer individuals having the same interests and passions.
- It’s a good source of additional income or just some pocket cash.
For more informationon the "how, what, when and where" to become a soccer referee log onto www.ossrc.com and click on"Become a Soccer Referee"
You can find a listing of all the referee training sessions that are scheduled for this spring. Get started now!!
State Referee Administrator