About the Board of Directors
The BOD is composed of the President, Vice President of Player/Coaching Development, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar, Vice President of Administration and Communication, Vice President of Competition, the Region Vice Presidents, and two (2) elected Regional Commissioners from each region. The terms of the office for members of the BOD shall be two (2) years, elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), and assuming position at the close of business. This shall be accompanied by alternating election years as established within the Rules 3009.
The term of office, duties and responsibilities of the BOD, are further enumerated within the Rules (3000). They shall include, but not be limited to:
- Interpret and enforce the FYSA Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Rules.
- Reprimand, suspend, bar completely or otherwise discipline any player, coach, team manager, assistant, referee or any affiliated club or league for violation of the FYSA Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Rules.
- Review all new prospective affiliates applications.
- Budget for and administer the funds of FYSA within the established Rules.
- Review, approve, and require amendments to the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Rules to assure conformity to and with FYSA requirements.
- Approve inter-district, region, inter-state and foreign youth games between and among member or select teams.
- Review and sanction the formation and operation of youth tournaments or cup competitions within Page 9 of 118 As of 8/17/18 2018-2019 Seasonal Year the jurisdiction of FYSA.
- Create new/or redefine Regions as deemed necessary to the continued administrative and programmatic oversight and growth of FYSA.
- Adopt temporary Rules for circumstances not provided for by the existing Rules and to address those issues deemed necessary and desirable in serving the best interest of FYSA.
- Employ and supervise the Executive Director his/her function, along with other salaried persons employed by FYSA.
- Appoint an SYRA in cooperation with the SRA.
- Affirm nomination of SRA.
- Affirm FYSA’s representatives on the State Referee Committee.
Upcoming BOD Meetings
The Board of Directors hold four meetings throughout the seasonal year to discuss all matters related to the association. Guests are free to attend these meetings. Upcoming dates & locations are listed below:
Date: Friday, May 17, 2019
Location: 2828 Lake Myrtle Park Road
Auburndale, FL. 33823
Date: Thursday, August 8, 2019
Location: 6677 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL. 32821
BOD Meeting Minutes
In this section you will find the approved meeting minutes of each board of directors meeting for the past three years. Per FYSA procedure, the unapproved minutes will be posted up to 30 days after each current meeting. Approved minutes will be added to the website up to one week after the previous meeting.