Mark your calendars! The 2016 Workshops and AGM for Indiana Soccer will be held February 20, 2016 at the Sheraton Hotel, Keystone at the Crossing in Indianapolis. This is a new location for this annual event and we are thrilled to be there this year. Keystone at the Crossing is the Indiana premier Shopping Mall, giving our members and their families additional reasons to attend this year’s Workshops. Rooms are available now for $119 per night. This year, Indiana Soccer will again offer workshops to club administrators and coaches as well as valuable information for parents. The schedule with time specifics will be posted early January, but topics to be presented and discussed include the following, among others to be determined:
- Concussions Protocols – what is the newest mandate and information about this serious medical problem
- Heading Limitations – what is new with this integral part of the game
- New Age Group Mandates – new US Soccer mandated age groups for youth play in 2016
- New small sided games formats – how clubs handle the new player, goal and field sizes in 2016
- Tax filing for clubs of all sizes - what your club needs to know to be in good standing with the IRS
- Hired Coaches - Independent contractors or employees?
- “Make your Own Ball Day” - learn about a program that is changing children's perspective
- Soccer Across America - learn the way you can activate this outreach program in your community
- Futsal – new newest sport to be a part of Indiana Soccer
- Gotsoccer – learn how to use all the new improvements to this robust registration and tournament program from the Gotsoccer admins themselves
The Competition Department will hold a meeting with all Directors of Coaching – this meeting is invitation only
Please plan to join us for the day… and then stay to celebrate all the Indiana Soccer accomplishments in 2015 at the Awards Gala that night. Reservations will be accepted soon... Stay Tuned!
Please nominate your favorite coach, manager, administrator or referee for one of the Indiana Soccer annual awards. Nomination Form. Nominations are due January 15, 2016!
Look for more information to follow soon!
LIVE WITH GOALS!