Skip to Main Content

The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.

Playing Out of State

In recognizing that youth soccer players today are often presented with opportunities to play with teams that are based outside of the state, Massachusetts Youth Soccer has eased its policy concerning out of state registration. If a player who resides in Massachusetts wants to play on a team that is based outside Massachusetts, he or she no longer needs to obtain a Release to Play Out of State from Massachusetts Youth Soccer. This is a change in policy effective immediately.  A player who chooses to play outside Massachusetts must still, however, register with the state youth soccer association of the state in which they choose to play.

If a player who is NOT a Massachusetts resident wishes to play on a team that is based in Massachusetts or that plays in a Massachusetts-based league, he or she will need to obtain permission to play in Massachusetts from his or her home state youth soccer association before registering with the team based in Massachusetts with the exception noted below. The player must also properly register with Massachusetts Youth Soccer through their Massachusetts-based team or club.

Exception for New England states:  Based on a March 2016 agreement between the New England State Associations affiliated  with US Youth Soccer player release forms will not longer be required. The New England State Associations agree to the following:

  • No longer require Player Release or Interstate Permission forms.

  • No longer collect processing or associated release fees.

  • Require resident clubs to register non-resident players with the club and state for proper State Association affiliation.

  • Permit the use of non-resident tournament guest players without the need to register with the club’s state of residence.  Proof of registration and affiliation status will be required for each non-resident guest player.

  • State Associations will share rosters for all State Cup qualifying teams for the purpose of making sure players are not registered on more than one State Cup team in compliance with the National Championships Policy – Section Subpart B – Teams and Players.  All breaches of Team and Player Rules will be dealt with in accordance with National Championships Policy – Rule 225.

If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Woo at or 978-466-8812 extension 236