Communications Internship | US Youth Soccer
December 5, 2011 09:00 PM
Communications Internship with US Youth Soccer
Dig in with us as we prepare for our annual convention in February and numerous event and association communication needs. We are looking for someone that wants actual experience; we can get our own coffee. This is about getting your hands dirty in real world communications from traditional to new media in a fast paced environment.
Provide editorial and multimedia support for the association, including regional championships and national championships (approximate start date: Early January, could last through summer if mutually agreeable). Great, hands-on, opportunity for student interested in public relations/communications.
Writing/updating web site content, including, but not limited to
• Press releases
• Game day content
• Events calendar listings
• Weekly stories and notes
• Social media
Collecting player-related content, including, but not limited to
• Reviewing team bios for feature stories (web/tv) and history content
• Writing feature articles and news items for various channels
• Collecting and expanding audio and photo content offerings
1) Improve breadth and depth of online content
2) Contribute to quality of publication content
3) Assist in public relations functions
Qualifications and Experience
1) Current student or recent graduate in journalism, PR, communications or similar discipline
2) Strong writing and computer skills
3) Excellent attention to detail
4) Desire for career in sports, preferably with some sports-specific work experience
5) Openness to work weekends and travel (travel if mutually agreeable)
6) Comfort working on multiple projects with tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
7) Knowledge in HTML and Photoshop preferred
8) Experience in soccer preferred
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with 2012 INTERN as the subject line and when you would be able to begin the internship.
No phone calls please.