Job Title: Director of Coaching
Reports To: Board of Directors
The Director of Coaching is responsible for organizing and implementing all youth premier and competitive soccer programs, camps, clinics and other soccer-related events. The DOC will manage a full and part-time coaching staff in order to maintain and build the organization. This is a salaried year-round position.
Heartland Soccer Club is a 501c3 non-profit organization which is recognized and affiliated with Iowa Soccer Association, US Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Organize and implement all soccer activities and programs.
2) Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and manage the club's coaching staff.
3) Organize club try-outs and team formation in conjunction with the club's coaching staff.
4) Develop training priorities and curriculum-based training sessions.
5) Assist in preparation and management of the annual budget.
6) Perform as the main point of contact with other local and regional clubs and soccer associations.
7) Communicate in meetings, by phone, email, fax and letter to members, parents, organizations and perspective sponsors or partners. The DOC must respond to inquiries in a professional and timely fashion while serving as the 'face of the organization.'
8) Conduct regular meeting s with staff, teams and parents.
9) Develop opportunities for further club and player development, coaching education and community outreach.
10) Actively serve on the club's Board of Directors.
11) Liaise with parent volunteers within the club such as assistant coaches, team managers and fundraisers or those on committees.
12) Assist in managing the clubs indoor and outdoor facilities
Education and/or Experience
Certificates and Licensure
Minimum USSF National "C" Coaching License or equivalent; National Youth License and additional certificates preferred.
Applicants must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
This is a year-round salaried position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application closing date is February 29th, 2012.