Current Incumbent: Open
Job Title: Director of Soccer
Reports To: District Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Coaching responsible for organizing and implementing all youth competitive soccer programs, tournament, camps, organizing and implementing all youth and adult soccer programs, tournaments, and all other assigned special events. In addition, every position in the Montgomery YMCA is responsible for upholding the Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the mission and goals of the YMCA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Organize and implement all recreation and competitive youth soccer programs including but not limited to Montgomery YMCA Streaks, youth and adult recreational programs, tournaments, and camps
2) Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise all volunteer and paid staff associated with facility functions.
3) Facility Management to include game and practice schedules, special events, rentals, etc.
4) Conduct evaluations of each program.
5) Prepare and manage the annual budget for the assigned areas within approved budget guidelines.
6) Carries out all association policies concerning management, administration and accounting procedures.
7) Communicates positively and effectively with participants, volunteers and staff, including timely response to phone calls and requests for information.
8) Substitute for subordinate staff as necessary.
Responsibilities include recruiting, screening and training volunteers and staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; 3-5 years experience working with soccer programs in a leadership role
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Spanish as a second language preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to compute averages and weighted averages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, First Aid, AED Bloodborne pathogens
Minimum "B" Level Coaching License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; run; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.