McLean Youth Soccer Association (MYS) is seeking to hire a full-time Executive Director to lead a successful and evolving organization and help ensure that it remains one of the premieryouth soccer programs in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the country.
Specifically, the Executive Director will report to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and:
- Manage all employees, volunteers and contract labor staff
- Administer the directives and policies of the Board of Directors
- Help develop and implement MYS's business, financial,and strategic plans
- Develop and implementan effective infrastructure for MYS and its programs
- Administer program and tournament fund raising
- Represent the club in the community and youth soccer circles
- Any other matters deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors
The Executive Director will report directly to the Chair, of the MYS Board of Directors. Additionally, the Executive Director may report to an individual Board of Director member as designated by the Chair on specific matters.
- A college degree, preferably in marketing, business administration or in other business related studies from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred of all applicants.
- Five or more years of experience leading and managing a non-profit organization is preferred but not required. Prior experience in youth sports, managing events, and the development and construction of fields or sports facility is a plus.
- Strong leadership and management skills that include the following:
- Experience managing staff and volunteers, especially remotely.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft office software, financial management software, broadcast communication software (e.g., Constant Contact), and website and social media experience is helpful.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Commitment and passion for the development of youth through sports is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience with the game of soccer is a plus but not required.
- Applicants must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A detailed personal background check will be administered. Relocation assistance is not available.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and compensation expectations to Maureen Dalbec, MYS Chair, at email@example.com.
McLean Youth Soccer Association is a registered 501(c) (3) organization based in McLean Virginia in the heart of Fairfax County, less than 30 minutes from our Nation's capital). Our mission is to provide soccer opportunities to youth in McLean and a developmentally appropriate experience, promoting the emotional and physical well-being of each athlete through the game of soccer. All our programs maintain fiscal discipline and are supported by the MYS Board, hundreds of volunteers and a highly experienced coaching staff.
MYS provides a broad range of soccer opportunities ranging from U5 to U19, offering a variety of training programs, camps and league participation including TOPSoccer, Recreation, Travel, MPS, and more. MYS is the largest athletic organization in Fairfax County serving more than 3,000 members on more than 260 teams. MYS is currently ranked #1 as the number club in Virginia and #7 in the region by GotSoccer and the MPS girls program has recentlybeen ranked as high as 7th in the nation by Soccer America.MYS is the only Northern Virginia member of both ECNL and the U.S. Development Academy.