U.S. Soccer National Coaching Program
The U.S. Soccer National Coaching Program provides:
- A program in which coaches can earn nationally certified credentials and take advantage of the opportunities and recognition inherent in the attainment of various levels of coaching expertise.
- A system that improves a coach’s knowledge of the game.
- Valuable information on current coaching trends and international developments of the game.
National "C" License
The "C" license course consists of six days of instruction and two days of examinations. Candidates undergo a challenging series of oral, written and practical applications. Grading on a scale of 1 (high) to 5 (fail), candidates must receive passing scores in all test areas to become certified. A single failing score in a theoretical subject qualifies for a retest in that subject provided it is accomplished within 90 days. If a "C" candidate is found deficient in playing ability only, he/she may still pass the course. If an applicant misses any of the course sessions, he/she must return to a future school to participate in the session lecture, even if the candidate has passed all the testing areas.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have held a National "D" license for a minimum of 12 months. "D" license certification may be waived under on of the following conditions:
- The applicant holds an NSCAA National Diploma
- The applicant has three (3) years coaching experience AND either three (3) years playing experience with U.S. National Teams or three (3) years professional playing experience.
- If applying as a professional player, applicant must submit proof, such as copies of contracts or verification by owner on team letterhead.
- If applicant holds a "D" license or a National Diploma, a copy must be attached to application.
The course will be held in Ripon, Wisconsin, at Ripon College. The college is located approximately two hours north of Milwaukee’s Mitchell Field, 20 minutes southwest of Oshkosh, and 45 minutes south of Appleton.
Check-in will be Saturday, August 3 from 12-3 p.m. Information on travel, check-in procedure, and course schedule will be mailed to the applicants approximately three weeks prior to the course.
Your completed application must be received by the Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association along with the following:
- A non-refundable $100 application fee or full-tuition in the form of a check payable to the Wisconsin Soccer Association. This fee is part of your tuition.
- Two passport size photographs (1" x 2")
- Documentation necessary to substantiate eligibility (copy of National "D" license or NSCAA National Diploma). Faxed copies are not acceptable.
Space is limited for the Wisconsin Soccer Association hosted National "C" License Coaching Course. Registration will close when the course is full or three weeks prior to the start of the course. Remaining course fees must be received by the WSA by July 12, 2002. Applicants failing to submit final payment by July 12 will have their registration cancelled and their application fee forfeited. A late cancellation fee of $200 will be assessed to candidates who cancel after July 12, 2002.
Submit the completed Applicationand medical release/liability waiver with Payment to:
Wisconsin Soccer Association - "C" Course Application
Attention: Jim Launder
10708 W. Hayes Ave.
West Allis, WI 53227
For more information, please contact Jim Launder at 800-937-7778 ext *825 or email@example.com