Town: Troy, New York
Favorite Team: Brazil
1.) I suggest that you have to work like a team. If you dont have that, you have already lost .
2.) You also should communicate with your team and always have a positive attitude on the field in practice and games.
3.) Always remember to listen to your coach and work your hardest in practice because it will reflect in the game.
4.)Always shake hands at the end of a game to show good sportsmanship and always have your heads up no matter what happened, win or loss.
Town: Lakewood, New Jersey
Favorite Team: Manchester United
Taking a shot is the only way to score in soccer. Shots put pressure on the goalkeeper and he/she is bound to make a mistake sometime. Sometimes you might hit the ball perfect in a spot where the goalkeeper does not have a chance for the ball.
What to do:
1. Point shooting foot down (toes facing the ground).
2. Lock your ankle.
3. Bend your knee slightly.
4. Lean foward.
5. Strike ball and bring the bent leg up toward stomach.
The shot should be low like a bullet. It should be be fast, making goalies have less time to react.
Town: Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Favorite Team: Ajax (From Holland)
When playing sweeper, and your team has a corner kick, always push your whole defense up to midfield and hold them there. As soon as the ball is cleared, run back to where the arch is on your side and call back your mid-fielders.
Right Defense and Left Defense: Keep your man on the outside and always about 3 yards apart from him.
Town: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Favorite Team: Germany
Training Tips - Step Up!
*First of all I would like to thank my coach for teaching this to me...it has helped me improve my game tremendously!! THANK YOU!!
Stepping up to an opponent attacking at extreme speeds is often one of the hardest things to do. Here are some tips to help even the most elementary players improve their all around game:
1. Keep your knees bent (this helps you keep your balance as well as keeping you in a attack position).
2. Have your ankle locked and your toes pointing towards the sky.
3. As the attacker comes through, connect with the ball and follow through the ball (this helps to keep the ball in front of you so you can follow up this attack with one of your own).
I hope this helps you as much as it did me!