Across the U.S., soccer fans are getting ready for the greatest soccer event in the world – the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. The U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team is better than ever and preparing to travel to Latin America to compete in the tournament, being held in the Western Hemisphere for the first time in 30 years!
As soccer grows in popularity in the U.S., we’re dedicated to continue fueling passion for the sport among younger players. As part of these efforts, we’re partnering with McDonald’s USA to raise awareness for the McDonald’s Player Escort sweepstakes – kicking off March 11. The Player Escort program gives 25 young U.S. soccer fans aged 6 to 10 the chance for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Parents can enter for an opportunity for their child to walk hand-in-hand with a U.S. Men’s National Soccer player as they take the field for a 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ match this summer.
The 25 Player Escorts from the U.S. will join more than 1,400 kids from 70 countries in Brazil to support their soccer heroes and experience the thrilling atmosphere of the FIFA World Cup™ and Brazilian culture. Additionally, All 25 U.S. Player Escorts will be able to designate a local soccer organization of their choice to be awarded a $1000 grant from McDonald’s.
In celebration of this exciting time for soccer, we hope that you join us in supporting the McDonald’s Player Escort program by sharing information about the program with your members, local chapters and on the organizations social media channels. To join the conversation online, please use #McdOneGoal. For your convenience, we’ve included a few suggested tweets and Facebook posts below, however, please feel free to adjust to fit your organizations voice.
Thank you in advance for your support!
US Youth Soccer, official member of the U.S. Soccer Federation
Suggested Content for Twitter:
Note – should your legal team require linking to rules and regulations, add “NoPurchNec. Rules: http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH.” Characters will need to be adjusted.
- @McDonalds is giving your child the chance to make their #worldcup dreams come true! http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Your child could join a #USMNT player on the field at the #worldcup. http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Your child dream of being at the #worldcup? Our friends @McDonalds are giving you the chance to make it happen. http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Your child could be 1 of 25 @McDonalds Player Escorts joining the team at the #worldcup. http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Enter @McDonalds Player Escort sweeps & give your young soccer player chance to experience the #worldcup http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Each Player Escort gets to choose a local soccer org to receive $1K on behalf of @McDonalds! http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Give your child a chance for their soccer dreams to come true at the #worldcup Enter: http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
For Facebook Page:
- Does your child dream of one day making it to the FIFA World Cup™? Thanks to McDonald’s, that could happen this summer! Enter McDonald’s Player Escort contest to give your 6-10 year old soccer star a chance to walk a U.S. Soccer player onto the field in Brazil! No Purchase Necessary. See Rules: http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH #McdOneGoal
- Now through April 6 you can enter the McDonald’s Player Escort sweepstakes for an opportunity for your 6-10 year-old to walk hand-in-hand with a U.S. Men’s National Team player onto the field at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. The real kicker? Each Player Escort will choose a local soccer organization to receive a $1,000 grant! Enter today: http://bit.ly/1b9rVnH Sweepstakes ends 4/6.