Since 1997, Commonwealth Soccer Programs has been a soccer management company based in Richmond, VA, dealing with club consultation, tournament management, camps, team training, and more. We are currently operating 10-14 tournaments, with several of those being in Florida. CSP is looking for a qualified candidate to manage a team in the operations of these tournaments.
This is a specific list of duties that will be included in the Tournament Director's duties:
· Oversee the general operations of the tournament
· Instructing the staff and coordinating internal communication
· Tracking team entries and team checks
· Organization of vendors and obtaining sponsors
· Finalizing game brackets
· Communicating with teams
· Arranging game officials
· Organizing site facilities
· Establish, follow and evaluate tournament budget
· Responsible for the recruitment, scheduling and oversight of event volunteers
· Responsible for all permits necessary for the event
· Ensure all financial obligations are concluded in a timely manner
· Document standard procedures for job position as well as a calendar year timeline of activities
· Implementing the policies and rules of the tournament
· Creating a positive tournament experience for the fans and participants
· Resolving any conflicts amicably
· Meeting predetermined goals that can include finances, attendance and number of participants
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience in running a tournament-type event preferred
· Knowledge of the sport, event planning and marketing experience required
· Good communication skills, strong writing and organizational skills
· Knowledge of computers with data entry, word processing and email capability mandatory
· Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability and well-spoken
· Self-motivated, require minimal supervision and strong leadership qualities
· Must have initiative!
· Working relationships with current soccer organizations, DOC's, Technical Directors is a plus.
Qualified applicants should send resumes, with references and cover letters to Steve Lovgren at email@example.com
. If you have further questions, please feel free to email.