Day 5 of 5 complete
Follow the National League Season…
Scores and Schedule | National League Home | Video
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | #EarnYourPlace
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (Dec. 15, 2019) — After playing four games each, the US Youth Soccer National League 15U-19U Boys teams have solidified their spots in the standings until half of the field of teams meets again at the National League Winter Showcase in Tampa, Fla.
The competition within each age group has been very close, and multiple teams are still very much alive for every division title. Following Sunday’s 15U and 16U Boys games, the first place team’s lead is three points or less in each of the 18 divisions in 15U-19U Boys age groups, and 11 of the divisions feature leads of just one point or less at the top of the standings. Meanwhile, 13 teams came away with a win in each of their four games in Panama City Beach, Fla.
In the 15U Red Division, Bethesda SC Blue (MD) picked up a key win on Sunday against KHA 05 Red (KY) — which entered the day in a tie for first place — to remain in the top half of the standings. Bethesda coach Wendell Regis said his team rebounded well from a loss earlier in the week to LVSA 05 Red (NV) — currently in first place — and has benefited from facing teams who bring different styles of play and various approaches to the game.
“We’re playing top teams. It’s expected that the competition level will be high,” Regis said. “Sometimes you play well and lose, and sometimes the opposite happens. That’s part of the process of them becoming mature, experienced soccer players.
“Our players responded well, in terms of looking at the negatives and correcting them. That’s the reason we’re all here — top level competition and the development of players.”
In addition to development and recruiting opportunities, National League teams compete for the National League title and one of four slots from each gender age group to the annual US Youth Soccer National Championships. Teams in the 14U-18U age groups are also competing for a chance to re-qualify for the National League’s 2020-21 season.
Following this National League Boys Fall Showcase event in Florida, the 14U Boys teams will play their first games Dec. 27-30 in Tampa, Fla. All National League Girls teams previously played their first four games of the season in November or early December.
Complete standings, scores and schedules, including goal scorers and match information, can be found at the results page here. Click on the score of each game for more information.
Some notes from Sunday’s matches…
- Eleven of the 16 games in the age group were decided by two goals or less on Sunday.
- The Black Division is the only one in the age group with two 4-0-0 teams, as Olympiacos FC B05 Academy (CA-S) and Players SC 2005 Boys Elite (NV) are at the top of the standings.
- Santa Clara Sporting 05B Green (CA-N) went 4-0-0 to start its season and is alone atop the Blue Division.
- LVSA 05 Red (NV) secured three wins and a draw during an unbeaten week, and it holds a one-point lead in the Red Division.
- USA Premier 05 Angeletti (UT) ended its week with three straight wins by one-goal margins — capping a 4-0-0 start to its season that leaves the Utah side in first place in the White Division.
- David Navarro of Olympiacos FC B05 Academy (CA-S) netted four goals on Sunday. Ryan Davis of 05 PGSA Stars (NC) scored a hat trick, along with David Rodriguez and Jayden Jimenez of Olympiacos FC B05 Academy (CA-S).
- Strong defensive efforts led the way for many of Sunday’s winners in the 16U Boys age group, as seven of the 14 victors recorded clean sheets.
- PPA KSA 04 Pro-Profile (GA) and Real Jersey FC (NJ) each conceded just one goal this week — the fewest in the age group. They lead the Black Division and White Division, respectively, with 4-0-0 records.
- The top of the Blue Division is tight, as SLSG 2004 Elite (MO) leads the group with 10 points. However, three teams are within just two points of the Missouri side.
- Three teams — Oklahoma Energy FC 04 Central (OK), Downtown LVSC 04 Gold (NV) and Pipeline Pre Academy (MD) — are tied at the top of the Red Division standings with nine points each.
- Elmer "Omar" Juarez scored one goal on Sunday and leads the age group with five goals through four games.
Keep up with the National League all season:
National League Home: USYouthSoccer.org/National_League
Schedule and results: https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/tournaments/2019-20-national-league/