The Mississippi Soccer Association (“MSA”) administers statewide leagues in the state of Mississippi for the benefit of its 45-club membership. The member clubs have 15,000+ youth players who enjoy playing the beautiful game of soccer from ages of 5U to 19U; and from skill levels of Recreational to the USYS National League. The players represent a diverse group from all socioeconomic, ethnic, nationality, and religious backgrounds.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: MSA President
Status: Exempt Employee
Description: The Mississippi Soccer Association (“MSA”) administers statewide leagues in the state of Mississippi for the benefit of its 45-club membership. The member clubs have 15,000 youth players who enjoy playing the beautiful game of soccer from ages of 5U to 19U; and from skill levels of Recreational to the USYS National League. The players represent a diverse group from all socioeconomic, ethnic, nationality, and religious backgrounds.
Summary: Directs, administers, and coordinates the activities of MSA at the direction of the MSA President in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the President and MSA Council by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Guide and direct the MSA Staff in the development, production, promotion, and financial aspects of the organization's products and services.
2. Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad goals and growth objectives set by the President and the MSA Council.
3. Oversee Office Staff level employees whose activities implement the organization's policies. With review and confirmation by the MSA President, hire and terminate staff level positions as needed.
4. Implement programs that meet MSA goals and objectives.
5. Create the structure and process necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth.
6. Develop and install procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization. This includes insuring that the Council Meeting Minutes are disbursed within required deadlines.
7. Supervise upgrade of hardware and software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information.
8. Establish operating policies consistent with the MSA President’s broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution.
9. Evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically. Report these results to the MSA President and the MSA Council at its scheduled meetings.
10. Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
11. Travel to Regional and National Meetings at the direction of the MSA President as required.
12. Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
Competency: The Executive Director must have basic accounting and managerial skills that include above average communication skills via telephone, e-mail and other written communications.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Clear use and understanding of the English language.
Math Ability: Basic Accounting skills
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to consider “big picture” cause and effect. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with MSA members. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with MSA Council members. Computer Skills: Must have above average skills in use of PC and programs to include, Word, Excel and the Internet.
Certificates and Licenses: No certifications needed
Email Resume & References: email@example.com
Deadline for submission: December 1, 2021