Facilitates all internal and external communications of Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA). Manages
media relations and leads marketing objectives. Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print
Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) Seeks Communications Specialist
Title: Communications Specialist
Employment Classification: Exempt employment with compensatory benefits and incentives.
Summary: Facilitates all internal and external communications of Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA). Manages media relations and leads marketing objectives. Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Website Management:
- Update the website daily for all business related to FYSA. Including but not limited to FYSA events, announcements, BOD minutes, ODP updates, the FYSA Calendar, etc.
- Leads the planning, managing, and executing of the FYSA Annual General Meeting (oversight by Secretary, Treasurer, and Executive Director).
- Develop standards and guidelines used for recommendation and acquisition of software.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard data information.
- Coordinate with US Youth Soccer, US Soccer and FYSA on media flow.
- Develop and maintain guidelines for online advertising through the FYSA website.
- Coordinate any and all technical requests on hardware for the association.
- Facilitate graphics and designs for events to include the AGM, State Cup, President’s Cup, Commissioner’s Cup, and special FYSA Events.
- Create and publish the FYSA Monthly Newsletter (The Header) and the FYSA Yearly Magazine (The Touchline Magazine).
- Manage and update all Social Media outlets FYSA is currently operating while keeping current with new outlets that may arise.
- Manage communication outlets including email databases and mailing lists for Sponsorship and Partnership communications, advertising, and non-event communications.
- Work with the Executive Director to find new potential partners/sponsors for the state association.
- Create news content and press releases for FYSA.
- Increase the visibility of FYSA and its events through the introduction of new and different logo branding items.
- Explore and implement new avenues of communication including advertisements, media, live streaming, interviews, etc.
- Reports to the FYSA Executive Director
- Problem Solving
- Resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers information skillfully; works well in problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Membership Service
- Responds promptly to FYSA membership needs via email or phone call.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication
- Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Team Work
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; seeks additional resources when warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related prior employment experience.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, calendar software and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- The FYSA work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominately be in a climate controlled office space. The employee will occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather, which may include hot or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional weekend work required as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to travel domestically as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without assistance.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and wage requirements to Joel Dragan, FYSA Executive Director. Materials should be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (FYSA c/o Joel Dragan, 2828 Lake Myrtle Park Rd. Auburndale, FL 33823). No phone calls please.
Salary/Timeline: Salary shall be negotiable based on experience. FYSA is seeking quality candidates to begin as soon as possible.