The Director of Marketing & Communications will work with the CEO and senior leadership on the planning, development and implementation of all US Youth Soccer’s marketing, communications, digital and membership growth strategies.
WHO WE ARE:
US Youth Soccer is the largest youth sports organization in the country and the largest member of the U.S. Soccer Federation with over 3 million players nationwide. We have 55 member state associations who work tirelessly to create a unique soccer experience for kids and families throughout the year. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent youth sport in the United States. Our role is also to make soccer fun, approachable, and instill in young players a lifelong passion for the sport.
WHO YOU ARE:
To support our continued growth, US Youth Soccer is seeking a leader who not only shares our commitment for soccer and child health and wellness, but one with unquestioned integrity who can oversee and manage all aspects of our marketing and communications team. The Director of Marketing & Communications will work with the CEO and senior leadership on the planning, development and implementation of all US Youth Soccer’s marketing, communications, digital and membership growth strategies. This individual will be tasked with developing plans and action steps to grow the US Youth Soccer brand nationally and direct key marketing activities, including: digital and social media, sponsorships and partnership activation and promotion/ awareness-building of US Youth Soccer events and competitions.
- The position reports to the CEO of US Youth Soccer.
- This position interacts with the Board of Directors, Member State Associations and other staff in charting the direction of the organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies and ensuring its effective operation.
- Externally, the position coordinates, primarily with marketing and digital agencies, media, sponsors, committee volunteers, local organizing committees and others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drive effective strategic planning and provide tools and thought leadership to improve marketing decisions for the organization.
- Develop and implement a consistent and unified brand strategy and architecture.
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy - including branding campaigns, events, digital marketing, PR, etc.
- Lead the delivery of content for publications, e-mail, social media, websites, etc. Serve as primary contact for all media relations efforts.
- Coordinate and activate against partner/sponsor goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Proven ability to set strategy at a senior level and then execute tactically with his/her team; provide management with constructive viewpoints and ideas to impact the business.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Superior communication skills and ability to broker support and collaboration in a membership environment; successful candidate will need to be a strong and empathetic listener and be able to engage with members verbally, and in written form, in a range of styles and contexts to build support and alignment.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in marketing and/or brand management. Ideal candidate will possess a nice balance of marketing AND communications experience, ideally within the youth sports sector. Special consideration will be given to those with a soccer background.
Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to Yvette Saenz at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.