The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the day-to-day management of all SCUFC business operations, staff management, strategic growth and deployment of resources towards the Club's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The ED carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the SCUFC Board, reporting directly to the President and Board Chairman.
Job Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Columbia United FC d/b/a South Carolina United FC is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation affiliated with the South Carolina Youth Soccer Association and other local, national and world organizations. It offers soccer programs for boys and girls from 3-19 years of age from recreational to pre-professional levels and registers more than 5,000 players annually. Through efforts and contributions of our many parents, donors and sponsors our goal is to provide the best possible soccer experience while helping children learn valuable life skills. Our motto is “One Community. One Club. One Passion. All Youth. All Levels. All Soccer.”
For more information, visit www.southcarolinaunitedfc.com/
To provide every child who desires to play youth soccer at a level commensurate with his or her individual abilities the opportunity to participate regardless of his or her race, religion, gender, national origin or socio-economic status while providing a positive environment for youth development, cultural understanding and lasting friendships.
For the love of the game. For the life of the player.
General Position Description:
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the day-to-day management of all SCUFC business operations, staff management, strategic growth and deployment of resources towards the Club's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The ED carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies as established by the SCUFC Board, reporting directly to the President and Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will have overall responsibility of each of the following five areas: 1) Leadership 2) Operations 3) Program Planning and Execution 4) Sponsorship and Fund-Raising 4) Marketing and Branding 5) Field Operations and Development.
- Constant focus on excellent customer service to the players & their families.
- Provides general oversight to soccer programs and activities, managing all day-to-day business operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Manages all full-time and part-time staff and the human resource functions of the organization including establishing position descriptions, recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, setting compensation levels, discipline and termination.
- Maintains oversight of the volunteers in accordance with SCUFC policies.
- Maintains a work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Keeps the Board well informed in a timely manner of significant issues affecting the Organization and Mission.
- Develops the strategic plan in partnership with the Board and appropriate committees to enable SCUFC to meet short & long-term goals.
- Develops and Grows Outreach Programs to involve underserved youth.
- Develops and recommends an annual budget for Board approval, and prudently manages the organization's resources within budget guidelines.
- Works with the Chairman of the SCUFC Finance Committee to ensure that appropriate accounting procedures are in compliance.
- Protects SCUFC’s legal and non-profit interests and maintains its operations within the law including the filing of all legal and regulatory documents.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with current and potential corporate partners, vendors, philanthropic donors and foundations, municipal and legislative agencies to gain support for club sponsorships and fundraising campaigns.
- Serves as the spokesperson for SCUFC and ensures that the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong & positive image.
- Travel as required to conduct business and represent the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership
- Effective management including staff development & team builder
- Strong communication skills
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar budget
- Marketing & business development with experience in fundraising &/or sales
- Bachelor’s degree (in business or sports administration/management preferred)
- 10 years relevant and progressive operational and business management experience
- Soccer background as a player, coach and administrator
- USSF C License or higher (or equivalent) is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekend events
- Previous operational experience for a soccer entity (club, college, professional, etc.) is preferred
Interested applicants should send the following application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter outlining why you would be an ideal fit for this career opportunity and your desired compensation
- Resume providing documentation of all relevant experience, skills, and education
- Provide at least 3 professional references available to be contacted later
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Application deadline: February 28, 2019 (or until filled)
South Carolina United FC is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.