Organizes and facilitates all FYSA competitions including leagues and tournaments. Manages competitions staff and on-site logistic of FYSA competitive offerings.
Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) Seeks Director of Competitions
Title: Director of Competitions
Employment Classification: Exempt employment with compensatory benefits and incentives.
Summary: Organizes and facilitates all FYSA competitions including leagues and tournaments. Manages competitions staff and on-site logistic of FYSA competitive offerings.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the planning and execution of all FYSA competitive events including but not limited to:
- State Cup, Presidents Cup, Futures Cup, Commissioner’s Cup, Florida State Premier League (FSPL), Sunshine Conference/Academy and other FYSA sanctioned events
- Determines event locations and itineraries
- Scheduling responsibilities for FYSA competitions
- Supervises FYSA competition department (two staff members)
- Supervises on-site event staff
- Purchases trophies and medals, player and coach gifts and other miscellaneous items for all State and Regional events
- Liaison with governing organizations—FYSA, USYS Southern Region, the USYS National Championship Committee for the Florida State Cup, Southern Regional Championships, and the USYS National Champions.
- Assist the four FYSA Regional Vice Presidents with their respective competitions with Commissioners Cup
- Communicate effectively with FYSA VP of Competition, Regional Vice Presidents, and affiliates in all matters relating to all competitions
- Provide administrative assistance for all FYSA sponsored Tournaments and in-state USYS events where applicable
- Attend USYS Region Southern Regionals, National Championships, and other events where required.
- Develop and implement operational plans and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Reports to the FYSA Executive Director
- Problem Solving - Resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers information skillfully; works well in problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Membership Service - Responds promptly to FYSA membership needs via email or phone call.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; seeks additional resources when warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related prior employment experience. Strong soccer background including the experience scheduling and facilitating events.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, calendar software and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- The FYSA work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominately be in a climate-controlled office space. The employee will occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather, which may include hot or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional weekend work required as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to travel domestically as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without assistance.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and wage requirements to Joel Dragan, FYSA Executive Director. Materials should be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (FYSA c/o Joel Dragan, 2828 Lake Myrtle Park Rd. Auburndale, FL 33823). No phone calls please.
Salary shall be negotiable based on experience. FYSA is seeking quality candidates to begin as soon as possible.