Plans and leads Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) programs and events. Provides member services in relation to FYSA programs and events.
Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) Seeks Program Coordinator of Events
Title: Program Coordinator of Events
Employment Classification: Exempt employment with compensatory benefits and incentives.
Summary: Plans and leads Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) programs and events. Provides member services in relation to FYSA programs and events.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning and execution of all FYSA events including but not limited to:
- State Cup, Presidents Cup, Futures Cup, Commissioner’s Cup, Florida State Premier League (FSPL)/ leagues with FYSA involvement, Annual General Meeting (AGM), FYSA Board of Director Meetings and other FYSA sanctioned events.
- Assists in determination of event locations and itineraries
- Supervises event referees and volunteers
- Prepare, plan and execute field operations for all non-ODP events hosted at the Lake Myrtle Sports Park including sponsor and vendor involvement.
- Scheduling responsibilities for regional competitions.
- Assist in purchases of trophies and medals, player and coach gifts and other miscellaneous items for all State and Regional events including the AGM.
- Coordinate tournament draws for FYSA competitions.
- Work in coordination with the Program Specialist of Communications and the Financial Specialist planning and execution of the AGM.
- Work in coordination with the Executive Director to plan and execute FYSA Board of Directors Meetings.
- Responsible for competition database upkeep (contacts, fields, clubs, coaches, etc).
- Develop and implement operational plans and timelines.
- Assist FLSRC with Background Checks and online issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Competitive Services and Executive Director.
- Primarily reports to the Director of Competitions as well as the general supervision of the Executive Director.
- Problem Solving - Resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers information skillfully; works well in problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Membership Service - Responds promptly to FYSA membership needs via email or phone call.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; seeks additional resources when warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related prior employment experience. Strong soccer background.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, calendar software and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- The FYSA work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominately be in a climate-controlled office space. The employee will occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather, which may include hot or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional weekend work required as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to travel domestically as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without assistance.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and wage requirements to Joel Dragan, FYSA Executive Director. Materials should be submitted via e-mail (email@example.com) or by mail (FYSA c/o Joel Dragan, 2828 Lake Myrtle Park Rd. Auburndale, FL 33823). No phone calls please.
Salary shall be negotiable based on experience. FYSA is seeking quality candidates to begin as soon as possible.