The League Manager – National League, will be responsible for all aspects of assigned “National League Conferences” and will be part of a team of League Managers overseeing a system of Leagues within the USYS National League. The qualified individual will have a dynamic set of responsibilities that will involve both the Piedmont, Mid-South, and Frontier Conferences throughout each seasonal year.
League Manager – National League
US Youth Soccer (USYS) is the largest youth sport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking of ways to grow and support the game. We’re on a mission to build the most innovative service organization in sports and transform lives by inspiring participation. Our vision is to bring communities together through the power of soccer, making life-long fans of the sport.
We are defining the modern-day youth sport organization with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by the principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating, and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create changes in our business, governance, and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the industry.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the soccer community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being a great place to work by focusing on hiring, training, and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day.
The League Manager – National League, will be responsible for all aspects of assigned “National League Conferences” and will be part of a team of League Managers overseeing a system of Leagues within the USYS National League. The qualified individual will have a dynamic set of responsibilities that will involve both the Piedmont, Mid-South, and Frontier Conferences throughout each seasonal year. The League Manager will have primary responsibilities in the Piedmont, Mid-South and Frontier Conferences and secondary responsibilities in National League national platforms. During each Conference season, the League Manager will be responsible for both league administration and on-site event operations. Additionally, the League Manager will be responsible for creating and managing an extensive marketing and communications program for assigned Conferences to enhance both the National League and on-site experience for the teams. This is a full-time position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversee administrative aspects of assigned league(s) including but not limited to tracking and collection of team applications and event fee payments; maintaining accurate information on participating teams and clubs; and managing expenses related to respective league(s)
· Coordinate marketing and sales initiatives specifically for assigned league(s) as well as in concert with other League Managers in growing and developing the system of the National League
· Oversee all operational aspects of assigned league(s) including but not limited to scheduling matches and events for teams and clubs; coordinating referee matters with appropriate referee entities; managing aspects of field procurement and use; and fulfilling operations aspects of event management including but not limited to field use, medical oversight, referee oversight, staff oversight, and hotel providers at respective events
· Attend and oversee league events, ensuring that adequate event staff, medical support staff, referees and referee support staff are secured and are on site for events
· Develop and grow assigned league(s) through outstanding marketing and communications initiatives in coordination with the National League Marketing/Communication Department
· Spearhead college coach attendance initiatives for assigned league(s). Coordinate and distribute college coach recruiting materials
· Enforce all rules, policies, and procedures in accordance with the governance documents of the National League
· Liaison with the National League General Manager and League Management Group to assist in the implementation of National League programming and events
· Other duties as assigned by the National League General Manager
· Provide timely status reports to the National League General Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a soccer league management capacity
· Must have strong soccer leadership background and knowledge of the club soccer business
· Must be proficient in use of league and event software including but not limited to GotSport
· Must be experienced in managing budgets and limiting expenditures efficiently
· Must be experienced in scheduling of leagues and/or events with proven hands-on experience including but not limited to scheduling and managing rescheduling with all operational entities
· Must have the ability to work remotely or in an office environment
· Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Knowledge of US Youth Soccer programs, policies, procedures and protocol is preferred
· Must be experienced in event operations
· Must have demonstrated ability to both lead and be part of a team
· Must have solid oral and written communication skills
· Must have knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
· Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Experience in marketing and communications is preferred
· Frequent travel required
· Ability to work weekends expected
· Ability to lift 25 pounds expected
· Background Check will be required
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
This is a full time, exempt position. Please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to
Yvette Saenz (email@example.com).
US Youth Soccer is a non-profit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, the details of which will be made available to qualified candidates.