The Member Registration Manager is a full time, salaried position that will lead and support important member management systems and processes. Primary responsibilities are youth, team, and coach registration and compliance; becoming proficient with the registration platform and communicating any needs with the technology provider; leading new member club onboarding and annual club membership renewal processes; handling youth and facility insurance tasks; coordinating risk-management and billing with other staff.
Iowa Soccer Overview
Iowa Soccer is the future of soccer in Iowa. Our mission is to provide soccer opportunities as we aspire to make soccer the sport of choice in our state. We embrace collaboration, strong member relations, innovative thinking, and technology to drive the growth of our sport as we serve our members. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create, and work on a team.
Iowa Soccer is a growing State Association that looks for team members to grow with it. Iowa Soccer offers a competitive compensation package, casual, flexible and hybrid remote/in-office work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional growth. Our office is headquartered in Des Moines, but relocation is not a requirement as the core job functions can be accomplished remotely. Some in-person member or staff connections may be required from time-to-time.
The Member Registration Manager is a full time, salaried position that will lead and support important member management systems and processes. Primary responsibilities are youth, team, and coach registration and compliance; becoming proficient with the registration platform and communicating any needs with the technology provider; leading new member club onboarding and annual club membership renewal processes; handling youth and facility insurance tasks; coordinating risk-management and billing with other staff. As a member service-oriented position, the Member Registration Manager is expected to manage his/her office hours at times that best serve largely volunteer-based club registrars/administrators (i.e., expect some evening hours). Iowa Soccer uses a hybrid workplace model, combining remote and in-office options, and this position aligns well with a work from home environment. Will report to the Associate Director.
Youth Registration and Compliance
- The administration, oversight, and approval of all youth registrations in the state: player, coach, team.
- Manage member database and ensure integrity of data.
- Provide club registrars/administrators timely and introductory-level training and support of the registration and the risk-management technology platforms.
- Oversee and approve player transfers, guest players/player loans, notification to travel.
- Understand, monitor, and ensure compliance with US Youth Soccer and Iowa Soccer Bylaws, Policies and Rules.
- Liaison to US Youth Soccer (governing body) and Demosphere (registration platform provider).
- Annual evaluation of registration platform; recommendations for future updates or changes.
- Issue facility certificates of insurance to member clubs; point person for initial steps in player injury claims.
- Execute and coordinate mandatory background check policy.
- Liaison to Player’s Health (background check platform) and to Iowa Soccer’s Risk-Management Committee.
- Coordinate requirements of Iowa Soccer’s Concussion Management Policy.
Membership Support, Education and Communication
- Leading new member club onboarding and annual club membership renewal processes.
- Work with Associate Director to create member services education and support materials, and communications plan.
- Under direction of Associate Director, development, and execution of regular communications to club registrars/administrators.
- Liaison to accountant for youth billing and receivables.
- Update content on Membership Department webpages.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Potential to influence “other” or “additional” based upon skillset/interests/growing member needs, if primary responsibilities are executed well, and on time.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills with customer-service mindset.
- Five years’ experience in related field or with executing similar responsibilities.
- Experience managing databases and/or registration systems.
- Tech savvy and able to quickly learn and use new software/platforms.
- Detail-oriented, with ability to manage and follow through with multiple priorities at once.
- High level of integrity and ethics: risk-management involves handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and some experience with Microsoft Teams.
Preferred, but not required.
- Background in soccer, or other youth sports.
Working at Iowa Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at Iowa Soccer have the following attributes:
- Thrive under the pressure of a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Want to be a part of a team that achieves.
- Exude a member-centric approach.
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills.
- Possess a tireless work ethic.
- Embrace learning as a lifelong pursuit.
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner.
- Able to be firm, but fair.
- Passion for new technology and ability to determine ways to incorporate.
- Open to criticism and do not make excuses.
Start Date and Salary
- Mid-to-late June 2021: trained by outgoing staff member by end of June.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Iowa Soccer has employed a hybrid workplace model, with in-office workstations and work from home options. This position is suited to a remote environment and is encouraged.
- Benefits: health and dental insurance, life insurance, short term disability, retirement plan, Section 125/FSA, paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick, compensatory).
Application Process and Timeline
- Job opening posted May 24, 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed as received.
- Qualified candidates will be interviewed immediately.
- Via email, submit cover letter, current resume, and references with subject line “Member Registration Manager” to Associate Director Jenny Wood at email@example.com.