Nevada Youth Soccer Association
Program Manager Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager shall report to the Executive Director who will act as the Program Managers direct supervisor. The Program Manager shall have annual reviews by the Executive Director and/or the President. The Program Manager is to be selected by the Executive Director and President, and shall be ratified by the BOD prior to the commencement of employment.
The duties of the Program Manager will consist of those described below, as well as other tasks appropriate to the position as may be assigned by the Executive Director, President or the BOD.
The Program Manager is responsible for the following:
• Tournament Director for all state run events; Las Vegas Thanksgiving Classic, Nevada Jr. Cup and the Nevada National Championship Series. This includes assembling a team of support volunteers, event promotion, event management, website maintenance and post-tournament reporting.
• Manage and maintain state-run leagues including but not limited to: registrations, scheduling, hiring of staff, field maintenance, organizing committee meetings.
• Represents NYSA at the Far West Regionals, Far West Presidents Cup, National Championships, National Presidents Cup, and ODP Championships; as required by West Region.
• Bid for and coordinate hosting of all regional and national events that NYSA seeks to host.
• Coordinate the ODP program including but not limited to: organize fields for try outs as well as practices, travel and payment for coaches, registrations, West Region contact, and ordering uniforms for the Championship tournament
• Maintain relevant partnerships with other organizations to aid in Nevada programming; MLS, USL, etc.
• Manage all aspects of coaching education including hiring instructors, scheduling, and securing fields/equipment.
• Maintain relationships with referees and assignors and all payments owed to them. This is to be performed in conjunction with the State Youth Referee Administrator.
• Assist the Executive Director with all other tasks as may be needed from time to time.
• In conjunction with the President and Executive Director, maintain all relations with municipalities or other private entities that own or manage fields.
• Devise new programs that support the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Regularly monitor projects and meet with stakeholders to discuss program status and goals.
• As may be directed, attend all regional and national soccer meeting and conferences on behalf of NYSA.
• Assists the Executive Director with the Annual General Meeting.
• Maintain social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Ensure the NYSA constitution, bylaws and rules are followed for all programs. Thoroughly review and understand rules for events and tournaments that NYSA has representation.
The Program Manager should possess the following skills and minimum qualifications:
• Strong interpersonal and relational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detailed oriented and ability to produce accurate results
• Excellent prioritization, organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
• Cost control and budgeting skills
• Teamwork and motivational skills
• Strong knowledge of youth soccer
Submit a resume to email@example.com