The primary responsibility is the administration of the MSYSA ODP (Olympic Development Program) & ODP 101 programs.
Full-Time (Salary) Programs Coordinator
Category of Employment: Exempt Employee
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the administration of the MSYSA ODP (Olympic Development Program) & ODP 101 programs.
- Monitor ODP & ODP 101 program budgets, with assistance from the Executive Director & State Technical Director.
- Manage and respond to inquiries from ODP & ODP 101 participants, ODP & ODP 101 parents, and member organizations as it relates to ODP and ODP 101.
- Schedule all ODP and ODP 101 team travel, special events, and training(s) with assistance from the State Technical Director.
- Work with the MSYSA State Technical Director on promoting interest in the ODP & ODP 101 programs.
- Assist office staff with the planning and execution of MSYSA programs, tournaments, and events.
- Assist office staff with on-site marketing, signage/branding, website content and social media updates on MSYSA programs, tournaments, and events.
- Assist office staff with National League Conferences and Director’s Academy team registration.
- Assist with any regional or national events hosted in Michigan, as directed.
- Serve as a staff liaison to various committees as established by the MSYSA Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the sanctioning of MSYSA affiliated tournaments.
- Assist the MSYSA Director of Coaching Education with the registration of patrons and with the distribution of MSYSA coaching licenses.
- Assist the MSYSA Director of Coaching Education with the posting of MSYSA coaching clinics, coaching courses and symposiums.
- Responsible for MSYSA’s coaching course database, the distribution of coaching course materials, and document management.
- Any other duties as specifically requested by the Executive Director.
- Reports to the MSYSA Executive Director
About Michigan State Youth Soccer Association, Inc:
The Michigan State Youth Soccer Association, Inc. (MSYSA) is a nonprofit organization that represents over 92,000 youth soccer players, 12,000 coaches, and 4,000 referees throughout Michigan. MSYSA consists of a vast number of leagues that register players (boys and girls) from ages 4 through 19 throughout the state. MSYSA is a member of the United States Youth Soccer Association and the United States Soccer Federation. For more information on MSYSA, visit www.michiganyouthsoccer.org.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or related prior employment experience.
Degree Program/Relevant Majors:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals, multi-task, and resolve matters effectively.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, calendar software and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Occasional weekend work required as directed by Supervisor.
- Ability to travel domestically as directed by Supervisor.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without assistance.
How to Apply:
Any interested candidate must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Thomas Faro, MSYSA Executive Director, on or before Friday, March 1, 2019. Cover letters, resumes and salary requirements can be submitted to Thomas Faro by e-mail (email@example.com) or by mail (MSYSA c/o Thomas Faro, 9401 General Drive, Suite 120, Plymouth, Michigan 48170). NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.