Provide executive level leadership to the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club (CRYSC) regional business,
operational, and administrative staff, helping to foster leadership, ownership and accountability of staff, to deliver
exceptional execution in programming, and to put customer service at the forefront of all interactions.
REGIONAL MANAGER COLORADO RAPIDS YOUTH SOCCER CLUB
CLUB VISION: “To be the heart behind the crest.”
At Rapids Youth Soccer, we focus on whole player development, both on and off the field. We strive for players to develop a lifelong love of the game and use the skills learned through their time with Rapids to allow them to be successful in all they desire to achieve.
POSITION VISION: “One Vision, One Focus, One Club”
Provide executive level leadership to the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club (CRYSC) regional business, operational, and administrative staff, helping to foster leadership, ownership and accountability of staff, to deliver exceptional execution in programming, and to put customer service at the forefront of all interactions.
1. Win Within - Being the best is the only way forward, at everything we do personally, or as a Club. Support the objective of becoming a destination youth soccer club and elevating the leadership and Club as national thought leaders for the game of soccer and the business of soccer.
2. In and Up - Support the Club’s efforts to keep the organization developing, educating, and improving all those within our sphere of influence. Focus on staff development by developing relationships and understanding the long-term goals of CRYSC staff members.
3. Keep it Simple, Keep it Small - Work to simplify big thoughts, large expectations, ambiguous strategy into strategic and club-wide execution.
4. Enjoyment First - Stay positive and know that with adversity, comes growth. Find joy in the challenges, the small details, the strategy, and the day-to-day. Keep the role fun and most importantly, keep the joy in the organization at the forefront.
5. Moment of Truth - Support the objective of Every Moment Matters as a regional leader in recognizing the importance in each interaction, process, decision, and communication. Develop a process of execution each season starting from the First through a Final Moment of Truth. “Create remarkable experiences” is the role’s mantra.
6. Own It - Work within the ambiguity of the role and duties of leadership, working to provide a solution instead of waiting for one. Set the expectation of exceptional execution and communication in every role and responsibility within the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster a One Club mentality, delivering consistent collaboration across all regions at CRYSC;
- Ensure a culture of customer service is understood and delivered, providing a high standard of customer care at every age, level, and program;
- Act as an ambassador for CRYSC in all regional functions, portraying the image of the Club in a positive and inspiring way and promoting passion for the Club and the sport of soccer;
- Create opportunities for staff-building, developing a strong sense of community and camaraderie within the region;
- Develop a working regional organizational chart that prepares regional staff, coaches, and players for success;
- Ensure job descriptions and roles are clear and well-defined;
- Implement purpose and vision, as well as core values from Vision 2020. Ensure monthly one-on-one conversations are happening and all regional staff understand goals and objectives of the region.
- Oversee and assist in the development of documentation for implementation of club onboarding, creating an early baseline of standards and level of execution that is consistent across all programs;
- Execute the standards of seasonal and annual onboarding for contracted and volunteer coaches;
- Consistently review all areas of club operations, communication, and overall touchpoints, and provide diligent work to create better returns on our time and money;
- Provide oversight to the Region’s College Placement Program, executing a robust college placement initiative not only inside the region, but as a club as a whole;
- Maintain a clear leadership style and philosophy, and guide staff in the appropriate direction and decision-making;
- Partner with the Regional Technical Director to produce a decision making / support network to staff that covers all areas of project needs and execution.
- Create alignment and consistency of process across all levels of CRYSC on a day-to-day basis;
- Assist the Regional Technical Director in the execution of the mission, curriculum, and methodology creating a high caliber teaching club;
- Develop the next generation of club leadership, supporting the implementation of a consistent message and vision at all levels and programs;
- Support a regional coach education timeline and mentorship program, including the development and execution of coaching seminars and training sessions;
- Support the implementation of a personal development plan for each staff member;
- Support marketing and communication objectives delivering a clear message to membership, both internal and external;
- Support and execute business processes overseeing the management of human and financial resources for the region;
- Work closely with Technical Director and Regional Technical Director to deliver programs supporting the Club’s Player Development Model;
- Work closely with the Chief Operations and Financial Officer and the Regional Technical Director to develop and manage an annual budget that ensures the Club’s financial sustainability;
- Provide oversight and work alongside our field operations staff and local municipalities, improving each complex, growing it’s capabilities, and ultimately creating a better soccer experience;
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership team to support, deliver and report on Club-wide objectives.
- Offer opportunities for Club growth, looking to build not only on retention but also the recruitment of new players and the creation of new programs to support the Club’s Player Development Model and create exceptional soccer experiences;
- Build upon the already existing player experience, working to consistently deliver higher quality programming and communication at each and every execution point;
- Create benchmarks of success for all programs, every season, every year;
- Deliver opportunities for staff development in all programs, pushing the organization to not only be a player-centered Club, but a coach/staff-development Club;
- Be an owner of all success and failure as it relates to regional players, coaches, operations, and administration;
- Exhibit true professionalism throughout the organization;
- Find ways to further invest your personal interests and passions towards the development of players, coaches, and staff;
- Provide oversight to the and execution of a regional data and analytics strategy, including monitoring and holding staff accountable to retention, registration, budgets, and experiences;
- Hold accountable the regional staff to the process and execution of a club-wide budgeting, income, and expense strategy; and
- Be a driver of region accountability in relation to retention, registration, and budgets.
MARKERS OF SUCCESS:
- Joy in the Rapids Experience - a positive member experience is naturally different at each level of competition and age. Our goal as a club is for our players to love playing soccer, our coaches love coaching soccer, our staff love working in soccer and our soccer process should be consistent with this goal, which we believe is not mutually exclusive across competitive levels;
- Retention and Satisfaction - a successful communication and customer service operation should result in improved retention and registration across the club on an annual and longitudinal basis;
- Communication - a successful operation should result in consistent and responsive messaging, customer service, and experiences across all programs;
- Consistency - our operations process should result in a consistent player experience across the entire club versus an environment where the player experience varies widely based on who the coach is of the player’s team;
- Member Enjoyment – several factors are part of developing a club loved by its membership, consisting of players, staff, coaches, families, and partners. We believe the individual player and team experience is the single greatest factor that results in building the club our membership desires. A successful soccer process should result in an experience that engages players, staff, coaches, families, and partners as proud stakeholders of Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club.
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to recruit and motivate remarkable staff and coaches and to help them succeed
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- Exceptional multitasking skills with the ability to tend to multiple problems at a time
- Highly effective problem-solving skills, especially in situations of high stress
- Strong knowledge of Club policies, goals and standards
- Ability to generate a variety of reports and presentations displaying regional performance
- Strong customer service skills in the areas of handling disputes and treating member families with care
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
- Executive Director
- Regional Technical Director
WHO DIRECTLY REPORTS TO THIS POSITION:
- Directors of Coaching
- Leadership and human resource management
- Talent and performance management
- Conflict resolution
- Culture building
- Diversity in business
- Budgeting and financial analysis
- Financial planning and controls
- Managing budgets
- Financial statement analysis
- Business communications
- Presentation and public speaking
- Business writing
- Computer applications
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation (including Microsoft & G-Suite)
- Accounting (Quickbooks)
- Graphic development and layout (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
The Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary range of $55,000-$65,000 annually. Benefits offered include PTO, health, dental, vision, retirement with employer match, cell phone reimbursement, life insurance and supplemental benefits.
The Club will pay a portion of the health benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates can send their cover letters and resumes to Regan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.