This is a fulltime position requiring the MSA Technical Director to maintain office hours, Monday-Friday.
We Serve Mississippi with Integrity, Provide Value, and Empower our Members to Grow through the Game of Soccer. In keeping with our Mission, the ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
US Soccer Instructor Certification
USSF A license
Experience with US Soccer DCC
Experience with Implementing/Managing USYS ODP programs
Experience with delivering coach education curriculum-USSF/USYS/USC
Experience with implementing/managing TOPSoccer and/or other Soccer Programs
- Administer and manage Mississippi Soccer Association’s Coach/Parent Education Program and the MSA Player Development Program. Work with the MSA ODP Administrator to administer and manage the ODP program.
- Select, train, mentor and manage staff of coaching instructors in support of the curriculum for US Soccer, USYS and MSA.
- Review, update and develop state coaching courses to meet the needs of programs within the state association consistent with the philosophies and intent of US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, and MSA.
- Develop annually a 12- month, coach development plan that includes the number and type of anticipated coaching clinics and other development opportunities for MSA coaches/leagues/clubs. This plan must encompass visits to all MSA member organizations twice annually.
- Maintain all records of courses and clinics including pre-registration, attendance, financials and facilities.
- Serve as the lead instructor and coordinator of instruction, whenever possible, for all state level clinics as per guidelines from US Soccer. Promote attendance to all clinics.
- Observe and evaluate staff instructors as they teach coaching courses and clinics. A minimum of one written evaluation per instructor per year is required. Results of each evaluation are to be filed with the Executive Director.
- Assist in promoting all MSA Programs/events, tournaments/leagues.
- Design and implement a parent education program that would include parent meetings, handbooks, handouts and occasional seminars.
- Promote and manage, along with the ODP Administrator, the MSA ODP program.
- Maintain updated list of the State ODP Coaching Staff with their qualifications and participation. MSA BOD must approve all State ODP Coaching Staff prior to each season.
- Observe and evaluate State ODP Coaching Staff as they conduct tryouts, train and coach.
- Promote and manage MSA’s ODP camps, sub-regionals events, etc.
- Conduct DOC meetings, minimum of 2 per year, and develop action plans to assist them in their coach/parent education needs.
- Maintain “The Coaching Manual” content and relationship and promote to members.
- Establish relationship with member affiliates as well as National Governing bodies and stay abreast of industry changes and compliance issues.
- Maintain licensing and attend USSF and USYS events specific to Technical Director role. Be the Technical Director point of contact for USSF/DCC, USYS and MSA.
- Maintain DCC website/registration database relating to coach/parent education information and course offerings.
- Advise MSA Board of Directors and staff on all coach and player development issues including providing input on MSA programs.
- Provide Technical Director assistance, as requested, to all MSA programs including hosted league/tournaments/events.
- Any other additional responsibilities as delegated by the MSA Board of Directors or Executive Director.
This role does require travel to conferences, licensing clinics and visits to MSA affiliates.
The MSA Technical Director is required to attend MSA Board Meetings/AGM in order to present activities related to coach/parent/player programs.
This is a fulltime position requiring the MSA Technical Director to maintain office hours, Monday-Friday. However, if the TD has scheduled clinics/courses/programs on the weekend, compensating hours maybe taken during the week but must be communicated to the Executive Director in advance of the time taken.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit resume and salary requirements to:
Mississippi Soccer Association
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: September 30, 2019