Administer and manage New Mexico Youth Soccer Association’s Coach/Parent Education Program and the NMYSA Player Development Program, ODP/YOP...
- Administer and manage New Mexico Youth Soccer Association’s Coach/Parent Education Program and the NMYSA Player Development Program, ODP/YOP.
- Select, train, mentor and manage staff of coaching instructors in support of the curriculum for US Soccer, USYS, United Soccer Coaches and NMYSA.
- Review, update and develop state coaching courses to meet the needs of programs within the state association consistent with the philosophies and intent of US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, and NMYSA.
- Develop annually a 12- month, coach development plan that includes the number and type of anticipated coaching clinics and other development opportunities for NMYSA coaches/leagues/clubs. This plan must encompass visits to all NMYSA affiliate members twice annually.
- Maintain all records of courses and clinics including pre-registration, attendance, financials and facilities.
- Serve as the lead instructor and coordinator of instruction, whenever possible, for all state level clinics as per guidelines from US Soccer and USYS. Promote attendance at all clinics.
- Observe and evaluate staff instructors as they teach the coaching courses and clinics. A minimum of one written evaluation per instructor per year is required. Results of each evaluation are to be filed with the Executive Director.
- Assist in promoting TOPSoccer, and all NMYSA Programs/events, tournaments/leagues.
- Design and implement a parent education program that would include parent meetings, parent handbooks, handouts and occasional seminars.
- Promote and manage the NMYSA ODP/YOP programs.
- Manage NMYSA Associate Technical Director/ODP Director and any ODP staff.
- Maintain updated list of the State ODP/YOP Coaching Staff with their qualifications and participation.
- Observe and evaluate State ODP Coaching Staff as they conduct tryouts, train and coach their respective State team. Must attend/promote and manage all ODP/YOP events
- Promote and manage NMYSA’s ODP/YOP camps, sub-regionals events and approved NMYSA international events.
- Conduct DOC meetings, minimum of 2 per year, and develop action play to assist them in their coach/parent education needs.
- Maintain “The Coaching Manual” content and relationship and promote to members.
- Establish relationship with member affiliates as well as National Governing bodies and stay abreast of industry changes and compliance issues.
- Maintain licensing and attend USSF, USYS, USC events specific to Technical Director role. Be the Technical Director point of contact for USSF/DCC, USYS/USC and NMYSA.
- Maintain NMYSA website/registration database and the DCC relating to coach/parent education information and course offerings.
- Advise NMYSA Board of Directors and staff on all coach and player development issues including providing input on NMYSA programs.
- Provide Technical Director assistance to all NMYSA programs including hosted league/tournaments/events.
This role does require travel to conferences, licensing clinics and visits to NMYSA affiliates.
The NMYSA Technical Director is required to attend NMYSA Board Meetings/AGM in order to present activities related to coach/parent/player programs.
This is a fulltime position requiring the NMYSA Technical Director to maintain office hours, Monday-Friday. However, if the TD has scheduled clinics/courses/programs on the weekend, compensating hours maybe taken during the week but must be communicated to the Executive Director in advance of the time taken.
US Soccer Instructor Certification
USSF A license
Experience with US Soccer DCC
Experience with Implementing/Managing USYS ODP programs
Experience with delivering coach education curriculum-USSF/USYS/USC
Experience with implementing/managing TOPSoccer and or other Soccer Programs
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit resume and salary requirements to:
New Mexico Youth Soccer Association
Via email to - email@example.com