The Manager of Marketing and Communications Content Services will report to the CMO and be responsible for generating and managing all of the content that promotes and highlights — both internally and externally — the accomplishments of USYS. The goal is to capture and create compelling content and assets that will be used to elevate the USYS brand, website and social media. This role will also serve as a resource for our program leads, member State Associations, Executive Committees and related partners who collaborate on USYS initiatives.
Manager, Marketing and Communications Content Services
US Youth Soccer (USYS) is the largest youth sport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation. Our vision is to bring communities together through the power of soccer, making life-long fans of the sport.
We are defining the modern-day youth sport organization with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by the principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the sport industry.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the soccer community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being a great place to work by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications Content Services will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications and be responsible for generating and managing all of the content that promotes and highlights — both internally and externally — the accomplishments of USYS. The goal is to capture and create compelling content and assets that will be used to elevate the USYS brand, website and social media. This role will also serve as a resource for our program leads, member State Associations, Executive Committees and related partners who collaborate on USYS initiatives.
This will be a dynamic role and will help set the tone and direction of the USYS brand. We need a candidate that will thrive in a culture where trust is quickly earned, staff supports the organization with passion, they embrace feedback, collaborate with others and sustain high performance because we play as a championship team. This position will be full-time, exempt and located in our Frisco, TX office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the key content creator, designer, and champion.
- Develops, creates and produces internal and external photo, video, graphic and social media content and resources that will be used across USYS platforms to promote USYS and to support our member State Associations.
- Manages internal (staff) or external (freelance/agency) resources to generate photo, video, graphic and social media content.
- Physically attend key regional and national programs and events, including weekends.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Operations Staff to ensure content needs are aligned with programming.
- Maintains and elevates brand standards.
- Manages content (photo, video, graphic) resources for all USYS programs/events.
- Interfaces and collaborates with USYS Members to assist in the creation/improvement of State Association marketing materials as requested.
- Crafts cutting-edge video content to tell the story of USYS and its Members.
- Advises on the use and application of photo/video content generated at our events.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in creative arts; graphic design, photography, videography, video production, editing, commercial production.
- 7 years working in a related field for a sports property, entertainment property, ad agency or related field.
- High proficiency with desktop publishing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Strong eye for visual composition with attention to detail.
- Strong network of video production contacts, freelancers and photographers at a national level.
- Possess keen understanding of content production, design, video production/editing, brand identity, and media content design.
- Ability to partner and collaborate closely with executive-level leadership.
- Experience with leveraging various tools to manage and maintain a content management system including familiarity with Sharepoint/Teams software.
- Familiarity with social media tools and content distribution methods (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite, Linktree, etc).
- Familiarity with web design, publishing and programming (HTML and CSS is a plus).
- Demonstrable experience working with varying production elements including video, digital, and physical.
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and deadlines with the ability to meet changes and sudden interruptions with can-do attitude.
- Must be a collaborative team member willing to provide support when and where needed.
- Solid communication skills that engender positive outcomes and elevate team performance.
- Bilingual language skills are a plus.
A cover letter is required along with your resume via Teamworkonline.
This is a full time, exempt position, based in Frisco, TX.
US Youth Soccer is a non-profit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, the details of which will be made available to qualified candidates.