US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program Intern Position
Internship Dates: 1/9/2023 - 5/2/2023
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate college student at time of application with at least one-year of college completed (or 24 credit hours) before the start of the internship
- Strong knowledge of the sport and/or sport management knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service focus to solve complex and urgent situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Proficient with technology programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possess a growth mindset-keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- Assist with ongoing planning, organizing, and coordinating activities related to USYS Olympic Development Program and ODP Select National Team Events
- Liaison directly with Senior Management and player families
- Able to Travel and be on site at 3-4 events (hotel, airfare, per diem, and transportation will be covered by USYS for events)
- Organize program logistics under support and supervision of Senior Manager
ALL ABOUT UNITED STATES YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION (USYS)
US Youth Soccer, the largest youth sport organization in the country, is on a mission to provide world-class support, resources and leadership, helping every member fulfill their goals on and off the field of play. US Youth Soccer registers nearly 3 million players annually. Through its programming, resources and leadership, US Youth Soccer is advancing the game for its 54 Member State Associations, 10,000 clubs and leagues and nearly 1 million administrators, coaches and volunteers. US Youth Soccer connects families and communities to the power of sports and its shared love of soccer. US Youth Soccer provides a path for every player, offering programs that provide a fun, safe and healthy environment for players at every level of the game. We Are Youth Soccer. For more information, visit www.usyouthsoccer.org.
To bring communities together through the power of soccer, making lifelong fans of the sport.
To provide world-class support, resources and leadership, helping every member fulfill their goals on and off the field of play.
Purpose of ODP
To identify and provide opportunities for high potential players, facilitate their development, and expose them to the next level of their chosen pathway.
Link to apply: https://fs23.formsite.com/USYS/yx572yfvvp/index.html
For questions, please reach out to Aaron Heffernan (Aheffernan@usyouthsoccer.org)