FRISCO, Texas (Nov. 20, 2019) – The US Youth Soccer Conferences held an inaugural fall showcase event in Panama City Beach, Fla., over Veteran’s Day Weekend.
The event featured 68 boys and girls teams in the 14U-19U age groups from three of the 13 conferences in the US Youth Soccer Leagues Program. This event provided the opportunity for teams to play two or three games in front of college coaches over the holiday weekend against competition they wouldn’t normally see during the conference regular season.
The Piedmont, Mid South, and Sunshine Conferences were all represented at the event.
“Roswell Santos 2005 girls loved playing competitive teams outside our conference, as well as enjoying some time bonding together at the beach,” said team manager Jessica Miller. “The coaches, players, and parents had a great time and we are looking forward to returning next year.”
The Showcase was held at the brand new Panama City Beach Sports Complex, which boasts nine turf and three grass fields located just miles from the beach. The location and venue were just a couple of the aspects that teams and families complimented over the weekend.
“Over the past year, I have taken note of US Youth Soccer really stepping its game up with its professionalism in its events and marketing,” said Zack Zettergren, team manager of Tennessee United 04 Girls Red. “The Panama City Beach Showcase didn’t disappoint. From the soccer complex, the referees, and the quality of opponents to the great hospitality of the local hotels, we were so pleased with this great event.”
The overall experience for teams led to a successful first-year event.
“The event has incredible potential, from quality of competition, top rated facilities, organization, and weather,” Shane Jeanfreau, executive director of Mandeville Soccer Club, said.
Some notes from the event:
- In the 14U Girls bracket, both Inter Atlanta FC Blues 06 Elite (GA) and Roswell SC Santos 06 Blue (GA) went undefeated over the event.
- Roswell Santos 05 Blue (GA) won both of their games in the 15U Girls bracket while not allowing a single goal.
- In the 16U Girls bracket, Moba 04 (GA) won both of its games while Tennessee United 04 Red (TN) and Georgia Rush 04 (GA) each won two of the three games they played in.
- Tennessee SC Showcase 03 Blue (TN) went undefeated over the weekend in the 17U Girls bracket. Tennessee allowed only one goal in their three games played.
- Savannah United 02 Premier (GA) went undefeated in its three games in the 19U Girls bracket.
- The match between Collierville 06 Lobos Rush Premier (TN) and Savannah United 06 Premier (GA) ended in a draw, but both teams went undefeated in the 14U Boys bracket.
- Bryson Park 05 Legends Elite (GA) and Mandeville Lakers Elite 05 (LA) both went undefeated over the weekend in the 15U Boys bracket. Bryson Park didn’t allow any goals by opposing teams.
- In the 16U Boys bracket, both Mandeville Lakers Elite 04 (LA) and Carolina FA Pachuca 04 (SC) won all of their games.
- Charlotte SA 04 Elite North/H’ville (NC) won all three of its games in the 17U Boys bracket during the showcase event.
- In the 18U Boys bracket, Georgia Rush 02 (GA) won both of its games while not allowing one goal. Athens United SA 02 Gold (GA), Mandeville Lakers Elite 02 (LA), and SMYRNA SC 02 (GA) all had two wins as well over the weekend.
- Mays Striker 01 Elite Clasico (GA) won all three of its games in the 19U Boys bracket. Baton Rouge SC 01/02 Black (LA) also went undefeated by winning both of their games.
Click here for more information on the US Youth Soccer Leagues Program and its 13 conferences, including Piedmont, Mid South, and Sunshine Conferences.