FRISCO, Texas (October 2, 2019) — The 2019-20 US Youth Soccer Frontier Conference season has come to the midway point and teams are staying focused as they prepare for their remaining league matches.
The Frontier Conference features Premier I Division teams in the 13U through 19U age groups, with the 13U age groups playing their seasons in the spring of 2020. The Conference features 139 teams this season from the state associations of North Texas, South Texas and Oklahoma, with 58 teams in the Girls Premier I Division and 81 teams in the Boys Premier I Division.
The first half of the season saw many teams battling for the top positions in each bracket within the Premier I Divisions. In addition to division titles, teams are competing for an automatic berth into the National League (national tier) for the 2020-21 season. Teams are also competing to qualify for the US Youth Soccer Southern Regional Championships. The top team in the Premier I Division of each 13U-19U gender age group will qualify for the 2020 Southern Regional Championships as the Frontier Conference representative.
In the 15U Boys Premier I Division, FC Dallas Youth 05B Navy (TX-N) holds the top position after going 6-1-0 in its first games of the season. Juan Lopez, head coach of FC Dallas Youth 05B Navy gave us some insight on his team’s success.
“It goes to the competitiveness of the teams we are playing against,” Lopez said. “It’s making us better as a team. The teams are tough and playing them makes us better. The best contribution from the league is that we are playing tougher teams and it’s making us better with every game. Every team we are playing is competitive.”
In the 16U Boys Premier I Division, OK Energy SC Central 04 (OK) is at the top of the bracket with a record of 4-0-0. Tommy Riley, head coach of the OK Energy SC Central 04, said it’s his players’ mentality that has led to their successful start.
“We just try to play soccer and keep the ball,” Riley said. “We have a strong team of 18 kids and any one of them can go into the game at any time and make a difference. Our guys are ready and we have upped their experience. They know what is expected of them. We don’t go into a game expecting to win, we just show up at game time and are ready to go.”
On the girls’ side of the Frontier Conference, Rise SC 04G Elite (TX-S) are moving toward the top of the 16U Girls Premier I Division. Vedad Hadzajlic, head coach of the Rise SC 04G Elite, talked about what he attributes to his team’s improvement and success this season.
“We believe in what we are doing,” Hadzajlic said. “Last year we had a lot of ties instead of wins. We should have won those games. Those ties are now turning into wins because of us believing in our philosophy. We have a balanced approach to the game, and we believe that our training will allow us to accomplish what we want to do. We want to be aggressive and control the tempo of the games.”
Some notes on the season up to this point:
Boys – Premier I Division
- FC Dallas Youth 06B Premier (TX-N) are undefeated at 3-0-0 and hold first place in the 14U Premier I Division. The team has only allowed one goal so far this season.
- In the 17U Premier I Division, Rise SC 03B NL (TX-S) are in first place after a win this past weekend that improved their record to 4-1-1.
- Solar South 02B Adames (TX-N) have won all of their first 4 games and are at the top of the 18U Premier I Division.
- In the 19U Premier I Division, FC Dallas Youth 01B Premier (TX-N) hold the first place position with a record of 5-1-0.
Girls – Premier I Division
- FC Dallas Youth 06 Girls (TX-N) have the slight edge over Texas Spirit 06 Monk (TX-N) and DKSC 06G Nichols (TX-N) in the 14U Premier I Division. FC Dallas Youth 06 have not allowed any goals yet this season.
- In the 15U Premier I Division, D’Feeters 05G Black (TX-N) hold the first place position after a 3-0-0 start to the season.
- OK Energy FC East 03 (OK) are at the top of the 17U Premier I Division with their successful start to the season at 3-0-0.
- Sparta FC 02G Elite (TX-N) have won all 4 of their games so far this season and hold the first place position in the 18U Premier I Division.
- In the 19U Premier I Division, Dallas Texans 01G Red FDL (TX-N) and FC Dallas Youth 01G West (TX-N) are both at the top of the bracket with records of 2-0-0.
Frontier Conference play continues Oct. 12-13 at Five Mile Dam Park in San Marcos, Texas.
Click here for more information on the Leagues Program, including the National League and the 13 Conferences.